Cannot connect to older MacBook

EdBevan
EdBevan Posts: 5
edited May 2023 in General questions

OK, here goes:

I have a legacy MacBook Pro, 2009, which cannot upgrade past Yosemite, and therefore TV Version 13.2.119192. Machine A.

I also have a MacBook Pro, Retina 2013, which currently runs Mojave, and therefore upgraded to the latest version, V15. Machine B.

When connecting from B - A, I receive the message: The remote TeamViewer is running an older version which is out-of-date. Therefore you cannot connect to this version any more.

Similarly from A - B.

I have since downgraded Machine B to exactly the same version as A, and now both machines show the same error (The remote TeamViewer is running an older version which is out-of-date. Therefore you cannot connect to this version any more.) when trying to connect with the other.

Please let me know which versions will work on which machine, so that I can connect them either way.

Many Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi Ed, 

Thank you for your post. 

You will need to install the latest TeamViewer version 15 in order to connect to the remote device. If you are the owner of an older license, you are welcome to use the TeamViewer version of your respective license.

Please keep the compatibility in mind, when installing newer TeamViewer versions. 

Wish you a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Thanks for your quick response, but as I mentioned, the older MacBook cannot get past Yosemite, and therefore cannot install TV past V13. Unless there's a way of getting TV15 onto MacOS Yosemite, I don't think it will work...

I'm using free personal use 'licences'...

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Thank you for your fast answer. 

I'm sorry, but if you are not able to update the remote MacOS, there won't be any chance to use the latest version of TeamViewer on the remote device. 

Maybe you can find a way to have the latest MacOS on the remote device. 

Thank you very much for your understanding. Wish you a nice day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Again, thanks for your reply.

However, if you read my original post, I was not asking whether it would be possible to use the latest version on Machine A, rather what versions on each Machine could I use to ensure connectivity?

Prior to upgrading Machine B to the latest version, both machines could connect seamlessly, even though Machine A was running V12 or 13...