Cannot upgrade to access upgraded "partner" client

rhythmrider
rhythmrider Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Am running Windows version 14.2.56674.
When attempting to connect to an up-rev "partner" client I get the message that I MUST upgrade to connect. I select "OK" and then recieve a message that I am running the LATEST version and no further upgrade is available!!

I'm now stuck in a lose-lose situation and can no longer connect to assist my 90 year old mother with her computer. (And she needs help!)

Anyone know of any solution?
This reflects poorly on teamviewer as a company. :(

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @rhythmrider,

Thank you for your message and welcome in the TeamViewer Community! ?

You will find the answer to your question in our post here: Re: Teamviewer can't connect to older version?? 

This applies also to version 14. Sorry...?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Jean,
    Thank you for your reply. 
    Unfortunately the link you included did not include any useful information on the issue.
    Purhaps I was not clear in my decription.

The issue is that when running the upgrade installer from version 14 to version 15, it fails with the error that the version 14 of teamviewer that I am running is the current version.

Thank you,
    regards,

Dana

• JeanK

@rhythmrider thank you for these additional details.

If your computer recognizes TeamViewer 14 as being the latest version possible, it means that your computer is not compatible with TeamViewer 15, therefore not compatible to use the free version of TeamViewer.

The previous versions of TeamViewer are only usable with licensed accounts.

I hope this was more clear for you to understand the situation. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Jean,
    So just to clarify, only the latest version of teamviewer is available as "free".
    As soon as a new version comes out the "older" version is immediately no longer allowed in "free" mode (so to speak)

Does this sum up what you are saying?

Regards,
    Dana

• JeanK

Hello @rhythmrider,

This is absolutely correct. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager