Cant connect to my laptop when there's no user logon in windows

clint08
clint08 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi everyone,

Problem: Teamviewer not working on VM without user logon

I do have 2 laptop(laptop A and Laptop B) running in windows 10 OS, laptop B dont have a teamviewer but the Virtual Machine installed in it have teamviewer. I dont want the laptopA to have access on LaptopB but only on VM thats why i only installed teamviewer on VM

When i try to connect to using laptop A to VM using teamviewer , connecting and authentication was ok and the gui appears but stops in "Connecting to (computer) initializing display parameter.

-I can only teamviewer the Virtual Machine when, Laptop A or B is connected and already logon in VM using Remote Desktop Connection. What im doing now in order to connect from LaptopA to VM using teamviwer is to have the LaptopB remote desktop connection alive to VM.

Note: even if i just disconnect to VM without signing out of user it still not working 

Hope you can help me have a way around in this. 

Thank you

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

On your VM - Check setting

Options > Advanced > Section titled Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Check Full access control when a partner is connecting to the Windows logon screen

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Still cant access. problem still occurs

• Hi Clint08,

Quick summary: You have a laptop (A) with a second laptop (B), where Laptop B also has a VM (Lets call it Laptop BC).
    You can only connect from A to BC when either a RDS connection is started from either A or B, or when Laptop B has a connection to Laptop BC.

The reason why is quite simple in fact: Teamviewer doesn't create a new session but let you look in a active session. Problem there is if you don't have a RDS active: There is not a real session active.

Teamviewer can see the session is alive, but cannot define if your resolution of the screen should be 800x600 or 1920x1080. This is where Teamviewer seems stuck. For pshysical machines it is easier as they can always use the resolution of a connected screen (or a screen that were connected before). VM's however don't have a physical screen connected to it.

Unsure if Teamviewer can enforce a specific resolution or such cases or if they have a solution for that.

Please consider the environment before posting on the internet.
  • Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

When you log out, do you keep a network connection? Can you ping the computer?

Power Options in Windows may turn off networking to save power. 

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.