Company Admins not able to remote into computers

Jaden
Jaden Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am the TeamViewer accoutn owner for my company. I have assignes 4 admins on my account, and have shared all of my "Groups" with these admins. I was under the impression that all of these admins should have access to all the computers with the groups that i have shared with them. These admins can see all the computers and the groups within their teamviewer logins but cannot connect to the cmomputers without a password. If i go into the properties tab and enter in a password under security, then they can connect using that passwrod.

What i want is for these users to be able to connect to the compters that are in the groups i have shared with them, without a password.

I find things online that states i should be able to. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Jaden ,

Thank you for your post.

If the device is in a shared group, then all contacts that use the group, also have easy access to the device. Sometimes the permission of the grand easy can be corrupted, you might not be able to do that.

The best way in your situation at the moment as a back up, is setting up the personal password on the endpoint device, and put the personal password in the computer and partner list. So that all of users who use the group are able to connect to the device.

Personal password 1.png

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Jaden
    Jaden Posts: 2

Thank you @Yuri_T ,

This is helpful information. I just wanted to send you a little bit if information on something that we found out yesterday. I took one of the users that did not have acccess to the computers on my account and deleted their permissions for one of the groups and added them back to the full control permissions list, and then they were able to access everything. So i did this for the same user on the rest of groups, and that was fixed as well. One of my other users had access to some computers in some groups but not all. So i performed this same thing with him, it also fixed it. Here is my theory....

When i set up my account, I created my groups right away (but no computers were added to the groups yet), and shared these groups with a few of my engineers. However, when I started adding computers into these groups, that my engineers were already a part of, these computers were not sharable to those employees, until i deleted their user permissions and re-added them back.

I am  not sure if this was a fluke insident or a progrmaing bug or the way it is suppose to be. I just wanted to let you know.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Jaden ,

Thank you so much for sharing the information with us.
    Such as details are very helpful for us!

Our developer and technical support team are working on this issue, and I have shared your situation to them already. 

We will keep you updated. And I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator