Connect failures due to FALSE claim of old version

Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Henagon

Connect failures due to FALSE claim of old version

I've installed TeamViewer 14.6 from the very same install file on two desktop computers connected via LAN. One's running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1903 and the other runs 64-bit Windows 7 Pro. But every time I try to connect -- from either side -- I get this error message:

The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore.
Your connection partner can update TeamViewer by clicking on "Help" - "Check for new version".

When I check for a new version, it always tells me I'm using the latest version (on both sides).

What's going wrong? How do I fix it?

Thanks

2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Connect failures due to FALSE claim of old version

Hi @EmmBee11 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please try and completely uninstall TeamViewer from both devices? Please make sure, to also delete the reg-entries in your Windows: How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC

Please download TeamViewer afterwards directly from our homepage and install it on the two devices again. Do not use any old Setup.exe.

Hope this could help. Wish you a nice day. 

All the best,
Natascha

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hi @EmmBee11 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please try and completely uninstall TeamViewer from both devices? Please make sure, to also delete the reg-entries in your Windows: How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC

Please download TeamViewer afterwards directly from our homepage and install it on the two devices again. Do not use any old Setup.exe.

Hope this could help. Wish you a nice day. 

All the best,
Natascha

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks, it's working now, It didn't work the first time I uninstalled and then re-installed, so I went the extra mile and used both Revo Uninstaller 4 Pro and Total Uninstall 6 to remove any previous data. Then I scoured the registry for "teamviewer" and deleted everything in there as well.

After a reboot, it started working.  Horray, and thanks for your help