Highlighted
Posted by WWGJMRiggs
Henagon

Disable Lock on Session End

Seems that Teamviewer is setting the "Lock on Session End" to enabled by default. How do I disable this permanently?

5 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Disable Lock on Session End

Hi @WWGJMRiggs 

Thanks for your question.

You can define the logic of the "lock remote computer" feature for your connections in your advanced TeamViewer settings.

Go to Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Advanced settings for connections to other computers --> Lock remote computer --> Depending on your preferences, choose Always, Never or Automatic

Lock_remote_computer.png

• Always: Will lock any remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session independently whether the computer was locked or unlocked at the beginning of the session
  • Never: Will never lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session regardless whether the computer was locked or unlocked at the beginning of the session
  • Automatic
    • Will lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session if the computer was locked at the beginning of the session. 
    • Will not lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session if the computer was unlocked at the beginning of the session.

For more information, please see also this chapter in the Knowledge Base article "All about the TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar".

I hope the info helps you.

Best,

Esther

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @WWGJMRiggs 

Thanks for your question.

You can define the logic of the "lock remote computer" feature for your connections in your advanced TeamViewer settings.

Go to Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Advanced settings for connections to other computers --> Lock remote computer --> Depending on your preferences, choose Always, Never or Automatic

Lock_remote_computer.png

• Always: Will lock any remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session independently whether the computer was locked or unlocked at the beginning of the session
  • Never: Will never lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session regardless whether the computer was locked or unlocked at the beginning of the session
  • Automatic
    • Will lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session if the computer was locked at the beginning of the session. 
    • Will not lock the remote computer after finishing a TeamViewer remote control session if the computer was unlocked at the beginning of the session.

For more information, please see also this chapter in the Knowledge Base article "All about the TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar".

I hope the info helps you.

Best,

Esther

View solution in original post

Posted by WWGJMRiggs
Henagon

Thank you for your reply and explaining what each of the options mean.

Posted by OUR
Digon

Still not working on Mac :-( :-( :-(

I have two identical installs by example

One Works

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 08.26.26.png

One does not Work

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 08.26.51.png

Posted by Nils_Jansson
Photon

Doesnt work on win 10 when remoting in from Android 9. I have disabled the auto lock function.

Posted by PelicanMedia
Digon

@OUR This has been an issue for a LONG time now. TV seem to be just ignoring it...

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Remote-session-always-logs-out-when-session-en...