Does Team Viewer work even if it is not DNS set up on the PC?

GOETAN
GOETAN Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

My PC is not config DNS Server

but Team Viewer can use remote support

Does Team Viewer work even if it is not DNS set up on the PC?

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi GOETAN,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

You do not need to use specific DNS settings to use TeamViewer.

As long as you have access to the internet, once you download TeamViewer the DNS settings that TeamViewer uses will automatically be inherited and you should be able to make connections for remote support.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

• CMiller
    CMiller Posts: 1

not sure if it's better to continue this thread or start a new one, given the age.

Jonathan (teamViewer) didn't answer the question. The question wasn't "does TeamViewer need specific DNS settings to work", it's does TeamViewer work if the DNS is not setup properly. Jonathan said "as long as you have access to the internet," but that's doesn't seem conclusive either.

I was trying to remote diagnose a computer having DNS issues. It's "connected" to the internet, in that it has an IP address. I can't use a web-browser, but I have an IP address, and some services still work, e.g. ping. TeamViewer doesn't seem to work the way it's automatically setup, but was wondering if it can be configured so that it does, given that I am "connected" to the internet, I just don't have a functioning DNS server.

Thanks!!!