End session and lock remote computer

Brabian
Brabian Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

The latest V11 (66695) has just offered me a new log out option: End session and lock remote computer. But it doesn't offer the choice of not locking the remote computer and I've never seen this option before. Has anything changed? Did previous versions lock the remote computer without telling me? Can someone tell me what is going on?

Comments

• Michiel
    Michiel Posts: 13 ✭✭

I have the same issue, and the weird thing is that it does this for some computers but not for all. Since our systems are POS systems... it's not handy the user get's locked out of the system. I can't find a option to turn this on/off.

• Sam_Middleton
    Sam_Middleton Posts: 3 ✭✭

When you're on a TV session if you click Actions and then Lock, there should be a checkbox you can untick that says "Lock on session end", this will end the session without locking the machine.

• premak
    premak Posts: 1

Hi,

Is it possible to disable this option completely? We are using TV on a server where EV codesigning dongle inserted. When the machine gets locked, the EV dongle gets disabled. This creates so much problem. Many users does not know about this option and they simply close the TV session after the usage.

regards

Prema Kumar

• not 100% sure if this will be useful, on the non-host device on the toolbar (accross the top on windows edition, not sure what it is on the TV version) look for:

Actions -> Lock -> "Lock on session end" and uncheck it, 

this leaves the host system unlocked when a session is connected to it and then dissconected. not sure if all incoming connections have to be setup individually or if this is set for anything connecting to the host but give it a try.