Entered teamviewer id does not exist.

usalabs
usalabs Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

For some reason the host ID keeps changing at random when I try to conenct remotely, the first time I installed TV on my office computer, as unattended, it gave me an ID, this number I wrote down and checked 3 times to make sure no missing numbers, etc etc, but when I got home, I tried the number, it said ID does not exist, so I called someone at the office just to check the ID and it had changed, so I asked him to watch the screen with the TV GUI showing, and when I tried to connect with that different number, the GUI vanished, then within seconds it returned showing a completely different ID, and at my end it said ID does not exist.

I had no problem with earlier versions so it may look like I will have to uninstall TV13, and install an earlier version.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @usalabs

Thank you for your post.

Is it possible that you were on Wifi when noting down the ID and later online via regular network?

Or are you connecting to different users on a terminal server?

Did the ID change once or multiple times?

Thanks and all the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• usalabs
    usalabs Posts: 7 ✭✭

@Esther wrote:

Hi @usalabs

Thank you for your post.

Is it possible that you were on Wifi when noting down the ID and later online via regular network?

Or are you connecting to different users on a terminal server?

Did the ID change once or multiple times?

Thanks and all the best, Esther

Hi @Esther

No, my office computer is Ethernet wired to a router on it's own dedicated IP address, and runs Windows 10 Home, TV was installed on my office PC as unattended, and my home PC runs Windows 10 home too, and TV is installed as a manual app, IE, not as a servic or as unattended, installed to be run as and when needed, and I'm only connecting as one user, me, I also disabled windows accounts in TV, I also should be able to add that ID to my list of devices on my home TV, but because of the randomly changing ID's on the remote system, it keeps saying ID does not exist.

I even checked when I was at my office earler and TV was still running in the taskbar, so this time I tried it by installing the Android app on my tablet and from within my office network, I tried to do a remote from my tablet, and while TV GUI was up on the romte screen, I tried entering the remote ID on my tablet, the remote GUI vanished for a split second, then returned with a different ID, and on my tablet it showed, ID does not exist.  I tried it several times and everytime it was attempted, the ID changed and I got that error on my tablet.

So, what I did then was to use revo-uninstaller to completely remove TV and any traces of it either in the registry or at various locations, then installed TV the same as my home PC, left everything as default, then, when I tried the givien ID and the randomly generated password shown on the GUI,  and used them on my tablet it worked, so I went home leaving TV running on the office desktop, but with the screen locked via WIN+L, but I couldn't enter those on my home PC, because doing that way requires someone at the remote end to accept the connection request.

It seems Unattended mode randomly changes ID, but running TV normally doesn't.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @usalabs

Thanks for your explanation and I am sorry for the delay.

Your case sounds really special and I have unfortunately no explanation for it. 

I hope that someone else in our community has an idea of how to fix this or how to find the cause for the changes.

Since you mentioned earlier that an older TeamViewer version works without the ID change, I would recommend to use the older version until we (=the community) find a solution.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle,

Esther

Former Community Manager