Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Error Remote Updating Version 3

Hi guys, 

Wondering if anybody has encountered an issue where upon clicking remote update, teamviewer says there's an error?

This is version 3 teamviewer and believe on windows XP. Am needing to update before the version 3 servers shut down. 

Would downloading a new host manually at the PC fix this?

Thanks, Ben 

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Error Remote Updating Version 3

Hello @BenKinnard,

Thank you for your message.

We have identified this kind of error message when trying to update a "very old" version like the TeamViewer 3 on many devices.

Unfortunately, we do not offer any support for XP anymore. You will find more information about this topic here: Sunsetting TeamViewer 3 and 4

We recommend you uninstall manually version 3 and to download version 5-13, as it is still working on Windows XP devices. This should fix your problem.

You will find all the versions here: Where can I download older TeamViewer versions?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

We wish you a good weekend ahead.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Error Remote Updating Version 3

Hello @BenKinnard,

Thank you for your message.

We have identified this kind of error message when trying to update a "very old" version like the TeamViewer 3 on many devices.

Unfortunately, we do not offer any support for XP anymore. You will find more information about this topic here: Sunsetting TeamViewer 3 and 4

We recommend you uninstall manually version 3 and to download version 5-13, as it is still working on Windows XP devices. This should fix your problem.

You will find all the versions here: Where can I download older TeamViewer versions?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

We wish you a good weekend ahead.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

View solution in original post