File Transfers Create Long Path

btillman99
btillman99 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

When using TeamViewer 13 at my office and I transfer a file from my home computer the TeamViewer creates the entire path of the file from my home server. For example if I open the folder Files on the C:\ drive of my office computer and then grab a file from \\10.0.0.1\incoming\compfiles the file does not get saved in the C:\Files folder. It get saved in C:\Files\10.0.0.01\imcoming\compfiles\ folder. All the path from \Files\ gets created on the fly when I just want the file to go in C:\Files folder. This never happend with earlier versions of TeamViewer so what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Jeieff
    Jeieff Posts: 3

I'll conferm this behaviour of Teamviewer v13 - transferring files from 'outside the office' creates a full path where files will be copied...

It's very annoying: e.g. you'll update some files in the destination folder shown on the left side of the Teamviewer file transfer windows, but nothing happens in this folder... until you find a new folder called like the full path of the original folder!

If there is an option to set somewhere please tell me where or I would suggest to correct this behaviour.

Thank you!

• GraemeJ
    GraemeJ Posts: 4

I don't think you're doing anything wrong as I am having the same problem.

It seems to be a change in TV13 that wasn't in earlier versions. No idea why they changed it since it wasn't an issue before.

Perhaps they could revert to previous version or provide an option for full path or filename only?

• Jeieff

Hi again,

in the latest version (13.1.3159) this problem has NOT been resolved; I couldn't find the Changelog file for this version to confirm, but my latest file transfers from Remote to local Computer did not work as you can see in this Logfile Snippet:

‪10:14:34‬‎: La connessione è stata stabilita con successo.
    ‪10:15:53‬‎: Scrivi file C:\\\LSFerstl\Downloads\7zip\.\7z453.exe
    ‪10:16:01‬‎: Scarica da ""//LSFerstl/Downloads/7zip\\LSFerstl\Downloads\7zip\.\7z453.exe"" a ""C:\\\LSFerstl\Downloads\7zip\.\7z453.exe"" (838.14 kB)

I this case I was copying the single file 7z543.exe from Remote UNC Pathto local C: - as result I will get the eintire folder structure on C:

I would really appreciate whe the technician from teamviewer resolve this

Thank you,
    Jens

• I am having this problem too.

We frequently connect to our customers' client machines using TeamViewer, then transfer files from their server using the UNC path.

When looking for the files on my PC, I find they have been put at the bottom of a folder tree which replicates the tree on the server within a folder named after the server's PC name. I then have to move the files back up the tree to the location I wanted them in to begin with. 

I can see the some logic in this behaviour, but I think it ought to be possible to switch it off in settings if it is more of a help than a hindrance (which is the case for me). 

• Jeieff

Addendum:

I noted this behaviour only when transferring FROM an UNC PATH on the Remote Computer to my local machine; whe I use an Letter instead of the Network Path, the transferred file will be in the right local folder.