File transfer: Corrupt files since v14.5.1691

Zauberspiegel
Zauberspiegel Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Since the update to TV 14.5, all files (in my case 53 MB) are corrupted on the other side (send to). Tested Mac to Win.

I made a binary file diff (left via FTP and right via Teamviewer). 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-23 um 15.53.49.png

Best Answer

Answers

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Zauberspiegel ,

thanks a lot for your post. I'm very sorry for the inconveniences.

We can reproduce this behavior and we are working on a fix. I will keep you up to date on our progress.

Best,

Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • Kerstin_PO

Hi all together,

we have found the bug and it is fixed. We need to do some more testing to not introduce another bug.

We will release a new fixed version as soon as possible. I will keep you up to date.

Best,

Kerstin

• Kerstin_PO

Hi,

a new version (14.5.5819) is available (if you check for a newer version in Help > Check for new version) and very soon for the auto-update as well.

If you have still any issue with currupt files in that fixed version, please write back.

The problem should have only occurred on quite high performant computers with a quite fast hard disk.

Best,

Kerstin

• Hi,

currently there is no new version available (checked in the Teamviewer App).

• GML
    GML Posts: 3

Thanks for this thread.  I ran into the same problem today (Mac to Mac; not high-performance) after updating.  I also cannot find a newer version through the Help menu.

• GML

I searched on "teamviewer 14.5.5819" and found it available on a bunch of third-party sites like[The link has been removed as per the community guideliens.] Are these safe to download?

• Kerstin_PO

Hi,

the download should be available on our website https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ for Windows as well as if you try to update from your client.

Currently we only released the Windows version. If you are facing the same issue on macOS we will also release the bugfix version on macOS and Linux as well as soon as possible.

Best

Kerstin

• Please read my original post carefuly. I've tested Mac to Win. So of course the problem appears on Mac too.

• Kerstin_PO

Hi @Zauberspiegel ,

very sorry for that. My fault.

We are working on the macOS version...

Best,

Kerstin

• GML

Terrific.  Installing now.  Thank you.