Forward special keys using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session doesn't work

Announcements

Are you using TeamViewer to help your parents and friends? Check out the best practices in our new blog post.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Forward special keys using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session doesn't work

Hello, 

i've encountered an issue of forwarding special keys while using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session. The same problem is described here: CLICK

I use the latest version 14.4.2669 (on both sides). Host and guest are running windows 10. Due to this bug I am not even able to log in to the RDP session., because my password also consists of capital letters.

Inside the teamviewer-session, everything's alright. The checkbox “Send key combinations” ist activated und Copy/Paste (ctrl) inside the teamviewer-session is possible. Also capital letters (shift). But in the RDP-session "shift" and "ctrl" doesn't get forwarded.

Any suggestions how to solve the problem?

Kind regards,

cosmos321

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Forward special keys using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session doesn't work

Same here.  TV into work pc, then RDP into server..., shift and CTRL do not pass through to RDP session. 

sucks when you have a ! in your password. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Forward special keys using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session doesn't work

It is the same with Linux hosts as well.
If I connect with TV from Windows 10 PC to Linux hsot and RDP to another hsot the  keyboard is "broken". Seems to be a wrong mapping.