Posted by JonCrisman
Henagon

Free disk space is below 10%

My computer is flagged with the message "Free disk space is below 10%" which is nonsense because my hard drive is less than 15% full.  Does this mean the teamviewer is located somewhere else on a very small HD or, if not, how can I turn off this flag?

9 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Betreff: Free disk space is below 10%

Hi JonCrisman,

thank you very much for your post.

Please be informed that the integrated system checks of TeamViewer checks all storage devices, even USB ports.
An additional information is, that the integrated system checks will be reported via the Windows Security Center.

If the Windows firewall and or security software is deactivated in the Windows Security Center, integrated system checks will show this message.

You can disable the integrated system checks on the affected system as follows:

Please go to "Extras - Options - Advanced - Enable Integrated System Checks".

Integrierte Systemchecks.JPG
Hope that was helpful.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by ITCS
Photon

Currently there appears to be no way to configure which drives/devices are monitored therefore many false positives are being notified due to PC manufacturer recovery drives.

HP computers normally have an HP_RECOVERY drive containing a copy of the OS et cetera, this tends to be about 90% full from day one, hence TV Notification "Free disk space is below 10%".

It is extremely useful to know when user machines main drives fall below 10% free space, but of no interest whatsoever when a recovery drive is below 10%.

If we could configure which drives/devices are monitored this would be fantastic.

Posted by ThisGuy22
Photon

I did that. It still shows. Even after a reboot.

Posted by gruber
Photon

Re: Betreff: Free disk space is below 10%

uncheck above mention checkbox and press ok or appy below and the sign of red triangle will disappear

Posted by Launce
Henagon

Re: Free disk space is below 10%

Did anyone ever solve this glitch? 

As others have said, checking and unchecking "Enable integrated system health checks" has no effect on the disk space warning.

Posted by Launce
Henagon

Never mind.  Once I turned off "health checks" on every computer separately,the problem resolved.

Posted by TheAncient
Digon

I'm getting the same warning on a machine with over 6TB free space (!) (150GB free on the 500GB Systems drive). Turns out, one of the USB Flash drives is past the 10% threshold. Yes, turning off integrated system checks turns off the warning but it makes the system check useless. It would be far more useful if I could specify to just check the "C" drive.
Posted by accordianguy
Henagon

Is this a windows machine?  

how is your disk partitioned?    

Highlighted
Posted by GrahamB
Henagon

I have 2 identical laptops, one gives me a drive below 10% message the other doesn't so it's not other OS's or system boot drive or recovery drives and certainly not a USB drive causing a problem, the only thing I can think of is a mapped network drive but they are all OK too.