Free disk space is below 10%

JonCrisman
JonCrisman Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

My computer is flagged with the message "Free disk space is below 10%" which is nonsense because my hard drive is less than 15% full.  Does this mean the teamviewer is located somewhere else on a very small HD or, if not, how can I turn off this flag?

Comments

• I did that. It still shows. Even after a reboot.

• gruber
    gruber Posts: 1

uncheck above mention checkbox and press ok or appy below and the sign of red triangle will disappear

• Launce
    Launce Posts: 3

Did anyone ever solve this glitch? 

As others have said, checking and unchecking "Enable integrated system health checks" has no effect on the disk space warning.

• Launce
    Launce Posts: 3

Never mind.  Once I turned off "health checks" on every computer separately,the problem resolved.

• TheAncient
    TheAncient Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I'm getting the same warning on a machine with over 6TB free space (!) (150GB free on the 500GB Systems drive). Turns out, one of the USB Flash drives is past the 10% threshold. Yes, turning off integrated system checks turns off the warning but it makes the system check useless. It would be far more useful if I could specify to just check the "C" drive.
  • accordianguy
    accordianguy Posts: 2 ✭✭

Is this a windows machine?  

how is your disk partitioned?    

• I have 2 identical laptops, one gives me a drive below 10% message the other doesn't so it's not other OS's or system boot drive or recovery drives and certainly not a USB drive causing a problem, the only thing I can think of is a mapped network drive but they are all OK too.
  • dmitriy1980
    dmitriy1980 Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    I have a computer which is only about 10% occupied on C-drive but TeamViewer provides an error message saying "Free disk space is below 10%". Why?
  • Good information. I was thinking that was the cause and you confirmed it with your explanation. And, I do have an HP :D

$$$$$ Ron $$$$$
  • Very good information. Suggested fix worked perfectly for me. I forgot the fact that I had a recovery partition on my drive which would trigger the alert.

Thanks...Ron

$$$$$ Ron $$$$$
  • Suggested fix worked just fine for me. My recovery drive was being checked and it, of course, was less than 10%.

$$$$$ Ron $$$$$
  • JetBoY
    JetBoY Posts: 3

That Sounds Super Secure!????

Why haven't they FIXED this Problem..

Simply turning OFF Security measures as a work around is not the Coolest fix...

(ooh, I think I am hallucinating)??

• JetBoY

Mine is Windows 10

and it shouldn't really matter.. it specifies that the C: drive is less than 10% available... but it was over 20% NOT full.. I shifted another 8-11 % or so to another (totally seperate) drive and it repeatedly states the same.. even after Re SCAN and RE BOOT and removal and recon of drive ports etc.

• JetBoY

I don't....

• DCU
    DCU Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I solved this on one at our location. We had disabled integrated health checks years ago, but this one computer kept saying it was less than 10% space which was true at the time, even though now it has over 70% free space.

We manually 'enabled' the health check on that computer, and waited for it to report back that it was fine (took about 2 seconds).

Then manually disabled health check again on that computer.

The notification just shows a green checkmark now saying "there are no alerts".

It's like the status is frozen in time until a new status is sent to the teamviewer servers.

• gustinn2
    gustinn2 Posts: 40 ✭✭

gruber Posts: 1

April 2018

uncheck above mention checkbox and press ok or appy below and the sign of red triangle will disappear

It does not disappear. what can i do i was putting teamviewer up on new computer i was buying and have to be able to connect to it asap?

• DMavidson
    DMavidson Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Seeing persistent notification that free disk space on local computer is below 10%. This is incorrect.

Actual free disk space on OS drive on which TeamViewer is installed is approximately 50%

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @DMavidson , 😃

Thank you for your post, it's a pleasure to have you back in the Community!

Please note that the Integrated system health checks are done by the OS and forwarded to TeamViewer. In other words, Windows will check all locally installed hard drives, and then TeamViewer will display the general information that Windows provided in the reports.

If this functionality is not what you're looking for, and you would like to stop the notifications, you can disable it by following the instructions in our article: 📄 Disable integrated system health checks

💡Hint: For precise information about specific drives, TeamViewer does offer another solution: TeamViewer Remote Monitoring

This feature can be activated for 14 days trial on Management Console.

I hope this information can help you. 🍀

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator

• DMavidson
    DMavidson Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Thanks for your reply.

Either Windows (10, by the way) is reporting free disk space incorrectly or TeamViewer is looking for free disk space data within Windows in the wrong spot.

By my calculations, free disk space on my system is approximately 55%.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @DMavidson ,

It is a pleasure to assist you! 😊

The Integrated system health checks receive the reports from all drivers individually, there's no sum of the total space of the drives combined. Because this feature can't report about a specific driver, if any of the drivers get space below 10%, you will be notified.

• Based on the image provided, two of your drivers are above 90% capacity. Therefore, the Integrated system health checks will send you a notification, but it won't specify the driver(s) affected by it.

I hope it helps with clarification!

👉 Please keep in mind that if this feature is not what you're looking for, you can easily disable it. And we also have a different feature - TeamViewer Remote Monitoring - that can provide specific and detailed information about each drive.

Let us know if you have any further questions. 🙋‍♀️

Best,

Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator

• tayfunciray
    tayfunciray Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

Friends, I have a request for you. The interface gives a red sign on the screen that shows the disk of my other computer is always full, even though it is empty. How do I get the disk detected and get rid of this red warning? Than

ks in advance for your answers.

• Compman
    Compman Posts: 2 ✭✭

Anyone know what this is all about??

• mrcurtisc
    mrcurtisc Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have 2 computers running team viewer free version. Computer 01 Main is flagged saying it has less than 10% of free disk space. Computer 02 is fine. But both computers show that computer 01 is giving a red flag notice. Well, computer 01 has plenty of drive space on the main drive. It is a static state 1 terabyte drive with over 800 gigs available. My secondary drive is a regular 2 terabyte drive. I dont have any way of clearing this red flag. Anyone have any ideas? I dont open teamviewer much but I have never gotten this flag before.

Thanks.

• _Crosser96
    _Crosser96 Posts: 10 ✭✭

I don't know if this is related, but my one TeamViewer computer gave me a similar message yesterday - it said less than 10% disk space. I didn't think it was a TeamViewer message, rather, I thought it was Windows.

Where are you seeing the disk space message?

• mrcurtisc
    mrcurtisc Posts: 2 ✭✭

When I open team viewer on both machines the 10% disk space flag for computer 01 is presented in TeamViewer only.

• KA661
    KA661 Posts: 1

Unchecking "Enable integrated system health checks" seemed to do the trick for me. I've been living with that annoying "check engine light" for a while, and it finally irritated me enough to Google for a solution. The InterWebs save the day again.

Thanks!

• hansolocambo
    hansolocambo Posts: 2 ✭✭

Unchecking "Enable integrated system health checks" works, no more "Free disk space is below 10%" annoying warning.

"[...] the integrated system checks of TeamViewer checks all storage devices, even USB ports."

For info, I have 28TB of hard drives. None is at -10%. And I'm far from having less than 2.8TB left on the whole system. So this message is just.... inaccurate.