Highlighted
Posted by Tom468
Henagon

How to change legacy login name?

Hi guys,

Many years ago when I set up my account it was possible to log in with a desired username instead of an email. My account is now associated with that username and I would like to change it.

Mind you that this is not the "Your name" thing that you can change in your profile settings. This is a phrase that works as a login name instead of your email. 

Where can I change it or disable this legacy login?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to change legacy login name?

Hi @Tom468

Yes, you are right the old accounts are having beside the email-address and the display name (the "your name" thing you are mentioning) an username.

To simplify the login-process we decided to just have the email-address and a password and no additional user name.

Since it is possible to define (and change) the name shown in your connections in the TeamViewer settings (Options --> Computers & Contacts --> Your name) nobody will see your email-address.

To answer your question: It is not possible to change the username you defined when setting up the account some years ago.

But: To login, you can use your email-address instead of the username in the software, in the Management Console and in the Community.

All the best, Esther

1 Reply
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to change legacy login name?

Hi @Tom468

Yes, you are right the old accounts are having beside the email-address and the display name (the "your name" thing you are mentioning) an username.

To simplify the login-process we decided to just have the email-address and a password and no additional user name.

Since it is possible to define (and change) the name shown in your connections in the TeamViewer settings (Options --> Computers & Contacts --> Your name) nobody will see your email-address.

To answer your question: It is not possible to change the username you defined when setting up the account some years ago.

But: To login, you can use your email-address instead of the username in the software, in the Management Console and in the Community.

All the best, Esther