How to change legacy login name?

Tom468
Tom468 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi guys,

Many years ago when I set up my account it was possible to log in with a desired username instead of an email. My account is now associated with that username and I would like to change it.

Mind you that this is not the "Your name" thing that you can change in your profile settings. This is a phrase that works as a login name instead of your email. 

Where can I change it or disable this legacy login?

Best Answer

Answers

• mredzovic
    mredzovic Posts: 1

I have TeamViewer Version 15.6.7

When I go to Extras, Options, Computers & Contacts it shows:

Name: (My name)

Email: (The account's email)

Password: *********

Why is it that I cannot change the "Name"?

I tried logging into the email account itself and seeing if there was a "Profile" of some sort that had my name with it, but no luck.

I tried logging into the TeamViewer account through a browser. From there I saw that it said my name in the top right and "corporate" underneath. I click the drop down arrow, then clicked "Edit Profile" and I see it says my name in a box. My name is NOT editable.

Why is this not editable? How can an oversight like this occur? The account should be tied to an EMail address. NOT a name. 

I have MANY computers on this account being managed and I do NOT want my name popping up unnecessarily. Please help!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mredzovic,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

TeamViewer Tensor.png

If you want to edit the display name of your device, you need to be logged out of your TeamViewer account. Once you log in, the account name is used instead.
    This is thy you were not able to edit it.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager