How to check which user is using our teamviewer license?

acsalan
acsalan Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

HI ,

As I know , I can check which user is using the teamviewer license on web admin.
It will show that user "how many minute/hours is using the teamviewer ago"
But this record is not a real time record.
How can I get the update record for that ?
May I suspend one of the user connect to my teamviewer license ?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi acsalan!

Thanks for your post.

Checking channel usage in real time is a bit more complicated. If you open the software and click "help">"About TeamViewer">"Channel Use", this will give you the ID of the device currently using your channels. If you then enter this ID into the "Search" bar under computers and contacts, this will tell you if the computer is in your contacts list or if the person logged in to that device is in your contacts list.

If your users are all using accounts, you can "Deactivate" a user from the management console under "user management".

I hope this helps!
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • mroberts
    mroberts Posts: 2

Scotty,

The flaw in this is that the 3 users from our company who are using teamviewer are not in my contact list, as I have not connected to them.

Is it possible to show the login details of the person using the teamviewer ID, then I can track them down and disable them if required.

Thanks

Mark

• howell
    howell Posts: 2

Hi,

Was there any answer to this?

This is very annoying and seems ridiculous that we can't identify the actual users accounts that are actively using teamviewer.

Corporate licencing is based off these connections, so should be basic functionality

Regards,
    Tim

• Scotty

The Corporate functionality is based off these features, that is correct.

However this does not mean that all users are meant to have access to or be able to see the logins of all other users.

As an admin, it is very easy to add users to your contacts list as they do not even need to confirm the addition.

However if you do not have the person in your contacts list, unfortunately there is no other way to identify them by name.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • howell
    howell Posts: 2

This is very convoluted for something that should be a core function (due to licencing being based off it).

So there is no way for me to see all the users (and their names) currently using a licence connection?

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi to all,

we also have a premium license and have clashed several times with the inability to determine exactly who is occupying our channels. The list that @Scotty said indicates the IDs of the devices that have authorized access to our channels, but do not report exactly the user that was used to do so. It is certainly possible that this contact is not among ours, but what is clear is that the access was performed with valid credentials and with a user admitted and present in our management console.
    What may have happened is that this user has transferred his credentials to a third party; the act should be voluntary, given that each access through a new device receives a request for prior validation. So the behavior is malicious.
    In this case, however, it is necessary to intervene internally to order, indicating to its users the usage policies that we intend to establish.

I do not think it is useful to go ahead with the request to TeamViewer to provide the IP of the device used; even if we managed to get it, we need a bureaucratic procedure to trace the exact user and if the use did not involve crimes, but only an illicit occupation of ours channels, the operation could be expensive.

The delay in displaying connection reports is real, but I know that TeamViewer is working on it and in July has released an implementation in order to improve the querying of data when these are in the order of miles throughout the day.

In our case, to solve a similar problem, we examined a limited time frame and the next day compared users from the management console. To these we closed the account, creating a new one. Preventively, to all, we have formally indicated our policies for the correct use of the TeamViewer tool inside our company.

It's just my opinion.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Scotty

Hi again!

Just adding to what @DomLan has already said, it is possible that devices are added outside of what is monitorable.

However this can only occur 2 ways:

1. A user that has access to a license key and has manually activated an account or device outside of the company profile (Which is one of the reasons we are phasing out license keys)

2. A user has access to an activation link and activated it to a separate account.

There is no way for a user to leave the company and take the license with them unless they already had the key or link as leaving a company profile removes all licenses.

Of course, you can contact our support team via phone or ticket and we can confirm if there is any activations outside of your company profile like this.

Although we may or may not be able to tell you the ID or account in this case, we can replace the license key to secure your system if needed.

All the best,
    Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • Can't find that option when using a Mac client. Is this correct? Are there other ways to find out who's using the License from a Mac?