How to fix the 2 minute remote problem?

szzs
szzs Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have two accounts. I use one commercially and the other one for free. On the account for free use - education disconnects me every 2 minutes. Does everybody have that?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @szzs

Thank you for your message.

This is indeed something that might cause problems.

TeamViewer does not support double use (private and corporate use).

This means, if on a device "X" you are using your commercial license, it will be flagged as such in our database. Therefore, if you are using your free account on this ID, your free account will also be flagged as being a professional use.

There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent this.

The only solution is to use your free account only on devices where you do not log in with your commercial license.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• szzs
    szzs Posts: 2

@JeanK wrote:

Hello @szzs

This is indeed something that might cause problems.

TeamViewer does not support double use (private and corporate use).

This means, if on a device "X" you are using your commercial license, it will be flagged as such in our database. Therefore, if you are using your free account on this ID, your free account will also be flagged as being a professional use.

There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent this.

The only solution is to use your free account only on devices where you do not log in with your commercial license.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

I wrote an email a few days of the team to reset these settings. From now on I will use one computer for educational purposes, and then I will sit down to another computer and use it for commercial purposes.
    Will I get an answer from you?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @szzs

If you want to reset your device that has been flagged as commercial, please use the following link: Reset your TeamViewer ID now!

As long as you are using the other device only for private use, you souldn't have any issue.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager