How to force user to use two factor authentication

2»

Answers

• Definitely would like this capability.

• Sasanda
    Sasanda Posts: 1

Can't believe this feature is still not available in TeamViewer. It's been more than three years and still being considered. I think its high time to consider about another product.

• Any Update on this is it even on the road map yet ?  I could Really Use this as well

• 4 years later ?

its a joke...

• pcl
    pcl Posts: 1

Any update on this?

• To_By
    To_By Posts: 0

Any Updates on this?

Do you really need 5 years to roll out such a small feature?

• TRKane
    TRKane Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

As we have been mandated to use 2FA to ensure PCI compliance and you have no way to even run a report to tell me which corporate users have it enabled (these again are corporate users... one's I pay for and which they have no rights to use this license of TeamViewer anywhere else... other than for corporate purposes using their corporate email which I can eliminate at my discretion... ie: these people work for me an as such, any program I give them access to does not belong to them). If you can not give corporate licenses the ability to enforce 2FA at a corporate level on commercial licenses, We will be moving to a competitor that will. I know for a fact **Third Party Product** can do this.

• Alex_Tan_1
    Alex_Tan_1 Posts: 1

Any update on this topic? Another month to go before 5 years anniversary.😪

• tldube
    tldube Posts: 1

We have to flush Teamviewer from our array of tools as much as we liked it due to the lack of this feature. In 2021, for a company that claims to develop tech solutions, this is a joke. 2FA is required in every aspect of our managed network. This is a compliance requirement for many scopes... Your team should be urged to come up with a solution...

• We are in the same boat. Could not believe that there really is no way to enforce support, IT admins, to be required to use TFA/MFA on a security product. TeamViewer needs to add this checkbox of functionality leading to a forced MFA enrollment or otherwise empty connections / failed to setup account screen quickly.

If this does not happen in 2021, then in my opinion, TeamViewer will start to lose more and more of the medium-corporate type businesses fast. In 2022 security auditors for sure will report findings on TeamViewer being an MFA security incompliant type of IT management software for all but Enterprise SSO level customers.

• DKE
    DKE Posts: 4 ✭✭

Interested as well. Can't believe this small feature has been ignored for 4 years already.

• vmfl
    vmfl Posts: 1

Am I blind, or is it 5 years and still no enforce 2FA option for the organization? Can you please get this up and running?

• PCB_Govi
    PCB_Govi Posts: 1

Any word on this request? This would be VERY appreciated from the TV Team if they could add this.

It would help my organization tremendously.

#5yearsl8r

• Good Day,

Is there any update to enforce TFA / MFA on user accounts?

• dagstinus
    dagstinus Posts: 1

Is there any movement towards the much-needed feature to enforce MFA?

• lukejf
    lukejf Posts: 2 ✭✭

It is pretty pathetic that this is still not an option. I could be time for people to take their business elsewhere.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

You can now force your users to use Two-Factor Authentication.

Please find how to proceed in our article:

📄 Enable Two-Factor-Authentication enforcement on company members

It would be great to hear your feedback about it.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Great!! Thank you for informing, Jean! A needed and much appreciated feature! Just tested and works as expected.

Kudos to TeamViewer for listening their customers!!

Kind regards

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

This is great to hear, @NelsonEstrada5!

Thank you for your kudos, it's always a pleasure to read this kind of feedback.

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager