I try to using new TV look. - problem with contact list

mLipok
mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐
edited May 2023 in General questions

So I try to use new TV  UI .
I go to "contact list" select some contacts, login ... make What I wanted,.....
Logoff.

Hey.... where is my "contact list" ?
Why TV is switching after each connection to the main window ?
I need to have "sticky"  "contact list".
I very often work with about 40 clients per day, one by one with no time to drink cofffe.
And hidding  "contact list"" make me very  unhapppy.

Do you know whether this can be solved by some kind of setup in configuration ?

EDIT:
I think that, TV APP should not automaticaly switch between panels, regardles of choosen panel type.

What you think ?

Regards,
mLipok

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Comments

• mLipok

Oh.. I have new observation.
    This is not happen when I working with this steps:

LOGIN to A ... LOGOFF B
    LOGIN to Y ... LOGOFF Y

It happen when I working with this steps:

LOGIN to A ... 
    Click on PLUS Icon on Tabs Panel
    LOGIN to B ... 
    Click on PLUS Icon on Tabs Panel
    LOGIN to X ... 
     LOGOFF A ... B.....X

So this is happen only if I start new sessions with using PLUS Iconn on Tabs Panel.

Could anybody confirm this as kind of issue ?

Regrads,
    mLipok

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @mLipok,

I think I know what you mean here. I just tested this, using the new user interface, and I found the following:

A) If I go to the Computers & Contacts panel and connect to one of the computers in my list, and then I open the TeamViewer window again in order to connect to a second computer, the TeamViewer window will still be on the Computers & Contacts panel, as expected.

B) If I go to the Computers & Contacts panel and connect to one of my saved computers, and then I click on the plus (+) icon* on the titlebar of the session window in order to connect to a second computer, the TeamViewer window pops up again but this time it's now showing the Remote Control panel, rather than the Computers & Contacts panel I had selected before.

* This requires "Show sessions in tabs" to be checked on the View menu of the session toolbar.

I do understand your point, that you would expect the Computers & Contacts panel to still be selected in scenario 'B' because that's the panel you were using before. I'm going to pass this feedback on to our product management so they can take it under consideration.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • mLipok

@Jeremy wrote:

I do understand your point, that you would expect the Computers & Contacts panel to still be selected in scenario 'B' because that's the panel you were using before. I'm going to pass this feedback on to our product management so they can take it under consideration.

I do not understand:  Why there is different TV APP behavior in this case ?

I expect that this Panel would not change.
    For example: I open 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, connection to my clients office and for this I need each time to go to ContactList Panel to find my clients computers by typing they company name and find the proper computer.

I know I can group my client in groups, and I have them grouped, but the problem is still important if I have 100 groups or more ? In this case I would be scroling the list to find group.

Remark: I'm a "Keyboard user", I hate to use Mice., as this is very slow tool.

Each program should be not only usefull but also easy to use in prakseological meaning.
    For this should work in the way which demand the samlest user intervention.

For that I'm always been confused when I need to do repeatable human interaction, especially this one which can be easily ommited, by a simple/easy amendment in the application.

Of course such current TV APP behavior could be intentional, but I do not understand this intention.
    Could you explain this one ?

Sorry if this sounds like whining.
    I just have such a way of expression of thought.

Regards,
    mLipok

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @mLipok,

I certainly understand what you mean, and I can see how this would be time-consuming. I'm not entirely sure why it behaves the way it does right now, but please rest assured that I have already passed your feedback on to our product management last week. We definitely appreciate your feedback on this!

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • mLipok

Thanks to you all.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP