Posted by sdwesg
Henagon

Install limit for business account

I have just purchased the license for business account yesterday and now I cannot login into my account on another PC. There is a message saying that I have reached install limit. What does it mean by install limit? I need to login on this PC.

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Install limit for business account

Hi sdwesg,

Thanks for posting and I am sorry for the hassle.

Deactivating an existing device
If you already have 3 devices registered, you will be directed online by the software to remove one of the existing devices from your license.

You can also remove the devices by logging in directly here where you can deactivate an existing device.

Once you have removed a device, you can sign in to a new device as normal.

Adding Devices to Your Contacts List
This issue can be caused by manually assigning devices you are connecting to as well. Assigning a device manually means that you are signing in, so unfortunately this cannot be done. However, there are much easier ways to set up the product on your end points. (This means you also get to avoid annoying "Trusted devices" emails)

1. Create a custom Host
See our Knowledgebase Article
When installed, these are assigned to you automatically and will appear in your contacts list. You can also add custom logo's and even set the settings you want on install using a policy.

2. Custom Full-version
You can also have a full-version installer that is assigned to you automatically as well. Simply create a custom host as you would above, then grab the "Configuration ID" from the edit field of the host module (Screenshot attached) and add this to the end of an installer .exe prefixed by "-idc"

For example:
Configuration ID: abcd1234
Installer name is "TeamViewer_Setup.exe" becomes "TeamViewer_Setup-idcabcd1234.exe"

Note: Custom Logo's are not available on the full version

3. You can just install without doing the assignment and entering your details. Just skip that part of the install and set a permanent password under "Extras" > "Options" > "Security"
You can also see instructions on how to do this in our knowledgebase here

I hope this answers your question!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by furburr
Photon

Why is there a limit on 3 devices when before I paid for a subscription I can attach more than 3 computers? Isnt there an unlimited endpoints as stated on the business subscription?

Posted by TheAppGuy
Henagon

I pay for a three channel license. I am a single operator that uses TV for client support and to be able to connect to one of my three servers if I am at home. It is appalling that I spend so much money yet you are saying I cannot have my machines logged in?