Is it possible to lock Teamviewer open?

ngllgn
ngllgn Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have just installed Teamviewer on my own and my very elderly mother's computers so that I  may assist her online and occasionally use the remote control facility. However, because my mother is unfamiliar with the application, whenever she sees it open, no matter how often I reopen it (whilst at home with her) nor how many times I ask  her to leave it open, she just forgets and shuts it.

Is there anyway to lock this application open?

I realise this may be a post for Mac forums, and have already posted in one of those, but I may have missed a setting option in Teamviewer Settings that a more experienced user could point me to.

I have already set her Mac up to automatically open the app. everytime she logs into her user account

This feature might be useful, if one with potentially sinister uses, in future editions.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Yes, it is possible to disable turning TeamViewer off. On remote machine open Advanced options and slide the bar almost to the bottom of window. There you will see an option called Disable turning TeamViewer off (or something similiar to this). Just click the it and you are done. I hope this is what you need.

• Tony4554
    Tony4554 Posts: 4 ✭✭

What I do is go to the General tab and check the box to start TV when windows starts.

Then I click the Advanced tab and go to advanced settings section and place a check in the box beside "Automatically minimize Local TV panel".

Next I go to Teamviewer options section and check the box that says "Changes require administrative rights on this computer"

Next I go to "Protect options with a password" I type in a password in "Protect options with a password" also in the "Confirm Password."  Click ok and you are done.  

I have been doing this for years for all my clients; Business, home users and lastly FAMILY!

It takes a little talent for users make changes or uninstalls.

Tony

• ngllgn

Hello pzzoz.

Thanks. I have had a good look at the Settings and can find no sliding bar nor the option you mention nor anything similar. Perhaps this is because my mother uses a Mac, with TeamViewer 12.0.71483.

The closest I can get to what you suggest is TeamViewer Preferences/Advanced/Access Control/Full Access.

One of the Full Access (configurable) options is "Control the Local TeamViewer'  but this does not appear to lock the Teamviewer app. open. However, perhaps this is it.

• ngllgn

@Tony4554 wrote:

What I do is go to the General tab and check the box to start TV when windows starts.

OK. This was/is checked.

Then I click the Advanced tab and go to advanced settings section and place a check in the box beside "Automatically minimize Local TV panel".

I cannot find this last option, nor any of the following options below. Might this be because I am using the free version of TV?

Next I go to Teamviewer options section and check the box that says "Changes require administrative rights on this computer"

Next I go to "Protect options with a password" I type in a password in "Protect options with a password" also in the "Confirm Password."  Click ok and you are done.  

I have been doing this for years for all my clients; Business, home users and lastly FAMILY!

It takes a little talent for users make changes or uninstalls.

Tony