Posted by atmarx
Digon

Key combos not being sent to remote PC in KDE 5.8

Anybody else running KDE 5.8 that can test out sending remote key combos?  I could swear they worked in 5.7, and I already submitted a bug to the plasma and kwin projects, but was told (of course) that it's not their issue...

Any alt+{key} and meta+{key} combos get gobbled up by the host instead of TV capturing them to send remotely.  Maybe there's different hooks in KDE vs whatever other DE the TV devs test in?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by S_Mueller
Digon

Re: Key combos not being sent to remote PC in KDE 5.8

Hi, I use openSuSe 13.2 with KDE 4.14.9 along with TV11 and have the same problem.

Posted by atmarx
Digon

Re: Key combos not being sent to remote PC in KDE 5.8

I've tested it in Gnome 3.14 and 3.22 under Debian Jessie and Stretch with the same results.  Current (**bleep**) solution is to run TV in a Windows VM.  Not great, but I can't be nearly as productive on a remote system without keyboard shortcuts. 

C'mon, TeamViewer devs -- can we please get key combos working on Linux?  When I wrote in to the TV support, the tech said he would file it as a feature request instead of a bug.  IMHO, if there's a button that says "Send key combos" and it doesn't work, it's a bug.