Key combos not being sent to remote PC in KDE 5.8

Options
atmarx
atmarx Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Anybody else running KDE 5.8 that can test out sending remote key combos?  I could swear they worked in 5.7, and I already submitted a bug to the plasma and kwin projects, but was told (of course) that it's not their issue...

Any alt+{key} and meta+{key} combos get gobbled up by the host instead of TV capturing them to send remotely.  Maybe there's different hooks in KDE vs whatever other DE the TV devs test in?

Comments

• S_Mueller
    S_Mueller Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I use openSuSe 13.2 with KDE 4.14.9 along with TV11 and have the same problem.

• atmarx
    atmarx Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I've tested it in Gnome 3.14 and 3.22 under Debian Jessie and Stretch with the same results.  Current (**bleep**) solution is to run TV in a Windows VM.  Not great, but I can't be nearly as productive on a remote system without keyboard shortcuts. 

C'mon, TeamViewer devs -- can we please get key combos working on Linux?  When I wrote in to the TV support, the tech said he would file it as a feature request instead of a bug.  IMHO, if there's a button that says "Send key combos" and it doesn't work, it's a bug.