Local taskbar always visible.. even in fullscreen.

tjsulz
tjsulz Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Since updating to v13, Teamviewer will no longer go completely fullscreen. Even in "fullscreen" mode, my local taskbar is still visible. In previous versions, "fullscreen" truly meant fullscreen, and the only visible screen was that of my remote pc. This is the case on mutliple PCs (for me). Has this changed for everyone else?

Comments

• marklt1
    marklt1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

@tjsulz wrote:

Since updating to v13, Teamviewer will no longer go completely fullscreen. Even in "fullscreen" mode, my local taskbar is still visible. In previous versions, "fullscreen" truly meant fullscreen, and the only visible screen was that of my remote pc. This is the case on mutliple PCs (for me). Has this changed for everyone else?

I am having the same issue also. Tried several tricks with no resolution.

• Same here, latest teamview 13 at both ends.  Both my monitor and the remote monitor are the same resolution 1290x1080 and it looks just awful as it forces scroll bars on the side and bottom or the teamview window.  Here's hoping it's a bug that gets resolved quickly.

• JLE
    JLE Posts: 13

It appears to be a common problem.  Look at some [most] of the other posts.

Supposedly TV have been able to simulate and are working on a solution. Shouldn't take long. They have had problem on previous versions and resolved.  In the meantime I simply downgraded to TV12.

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

One question:
    Where you have placed your TaskBar ?
    On the bottom of screen or on the left ?

I have TaskBar on the left and I notice the same problem with Blizz.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • marklt1
    marklt1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Mine is on the bottom - stock position.

I'm remoting in from a native resoltion of 1280x1024.

Minimize, then Maximize doesn't resolve my issue as suggested in another post.

• jflambert
    jflambert Posts: 5 ✭✭

I also have this bug (fullscreen still shows local taskbar) with TV 13.

But I can also confirm that the workaround (minimize then restore) works great.

FWIW I'm using Windows 10 locally and Ubuntu 14.04 remotely.

• fz
    fz Posts: 1

Same problem.  The minimize/maximize tip worked for me (mentioned by others on this thread.)  Looking forward to the fix

• Windows 10 host and client here. Minimize trick does not work

Just updated to 13.0.5640 hoping the bug was fixed but no luck. Bug continues in latest build

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠
    Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Thanks, minimizing & maximizing does help indeed.

edit:

Well, it doesn't actually work all the time ...

• Voron
    Voron Posts: 2

How much time is needed to fix this bug? What are doing there?
    I wish I woudn't update to 13 version, but now it's too late. I've updated remote host to wich I don't have physical access and I am forced to use 13 version.
    No, really, are you trying to fix it at all?

• I got it to work once.

I found if I set the taskbar to auto hide, then I get full screen.
    -Scott
  • Voron
    Voron Posts: 2

Sure it will work with autohidding taskbar. Any app will work. But it is not a solution. 

• I didn't say it was a solution.  It's a PITA actually.  It's a workaround though.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠
    Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Had the same issue, and minimize/maxime seems to do the trick for now... although can be annoying.

• I cannot get fullscreen to work.  I am using a later version of Teamviewer than when the bug is meant to be fixed, Ver 13.0.9865 for Linux(Ubuntu in my case).  The minimise/maximise trick does not work either.  Very annoying.