Loosing access on macOS 10.14 Mojave

NedAsh
NedAsh Posts: 9
edited May 2023 in General questions

Since I installed the latest version of macOS 10.14 Mojave. I am loosing access after the connection becomes idle for more than 15min. I searched the forum but could not find any solution.

I can successfully connect to my MAC machine and can see the screen but could not do any action unless someone who is physically present near the machine press any key (keyboard or mouse). I made the machine not to sleep in Energy Save setting. 

Any solution?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

Did you make sure that the wake for network access setting is turned on and that the privacy settings under System Preferences>Security and Privacy are set to make sure that Teamviewer is allowed for screen control cause that might be the cause.

Hope that helps!

Sirius Dark
  • NedAsh

Yes i have this setting on since i installed Mojave OS.

The issue I am having is, If I dont use the remote machine for about 15min then I loose control. I mean I cannot click on anything or type anything on remote machine. But I still have the connection and see the screen of remote machine.

It was working fine before I installed Mojave OS.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @NedAsh

Which TeamViewer version are you using on the remote and your device?

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• NedAsh

My remote machine which is MAC has version 13.2.14328 Aug 7 2018

and my local machine version is 13.2.26558 Sep 10 2018

• Esther

Hi again, 

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you update your remote device to v13.2.26558 and try again?

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac-os/ (disregard the version number stating on the page)

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• NedAsh

There's a newer version 14 is available. Should I install this newer version or your recommended version v13.2.26558? I can also install 14 on my local machine.

Your suggestion?

• Esther

Hi @NedAsh

If there is nothing holding you back from testing TeamViewer 14 (licensewise), it is definetly worth a try (I am using v14 as well).

If you are on a subscription, you can of course use TeamViewer 14 as you get all updates automatically.

Please keep in mind: It is currently on a "Preview" status and can have some glitches. 

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• NedAsh

Yes we have a subscription license. I have installed 14 on my MAC machine. I will keep you updated with my experience. I have my finger crossed!