Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Lost ability to connect to XP machine

I have TV 13  to access an XP machine remotely. Worked like a charm, but today I found out this system is no longer accessable, nro from my Windws 10Pro system. I checked the connection parameters and they seem all properly set. But whatever I try, connection fails. for different reasons, but " WaitForConectFailed" .

This XP client has been setup to be in my list of nodes, and easy access was granted. This used to wortk fine.

I updated to the latest version, removed assignment (in Teamviewer, not at the management console) and assignment seems to fail - perhaps because of the fact is it already assigned? Granting easy access however is not possible.

Accessing the client using the ' normal'  way ( ID and password) fails - not even password is asked.

I noted thts on this XP client I am not be able to login. No problesm using Firefox. |This may be another reason why assignment doen't work anymore...

Connecting the other way works - slow, but it works. So it is not a con nection issue

How can I get this connection working again?