Magnification.dll Issue

carloshakme
carloshakme Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi there!! 

When I try to connect to TeamViewer from my Smartphone or even to open it on my PC, I'm receiving messages that says: "Magnification.dll was not projected to run on Windows or it has an error". Then, it ask me to reinstall, etc. In the end of message it says: "Error Status 0xc0000020".

If I only test to connect, using the smartphone, but I'm in front of the PC, I just click "ok" in the message and it connects. But if I'm away from PC, I can't access, cause I can't ignore the Error message!

Hope some one can help me. I've already deep uninstall (using Revo Uninstaller) Teamviewer and reinstalled. But the error keeps the same.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

PS. I don't know how to insert a screenshot with the error message, If you need, just ask me.

PS2. That's the Screenshot

Sorry, Its in Portuguese, but I mentioned on my explanation.Sorry, Its in Portuguese, but I mentioned on my explanation.

Comments

• carloshakme

Any thoughts? 

• I am also having an issue with the MAGNIFICATION.dll file.  I am running TeamViewer on a device with Windows 8 Embedded.  Did you ever find a solution?

• carloshakme

Hi @Jeff_Lockhart nothing till now! However, I Had a issue with my Hard Drive and lost it. So now, I Have no trouble with this message. I'm intended to buy another and reinstall TeamViewer and see if it's solved.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi All,

Thank you for your posts ?

I confirmed the below infromation with one our technical support representative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TeamViewer uses the magnification.dll as just one of the ways we attempt to capture the screen of your computer. The file (magnification.dll) is something that comes already built into Windows.
    It is generally used to allow programs to magnify parts of your screen, generally for people with vision impairments.TeamViewer uses this as just one way to capture your screen and send it to a remote computer (so you can see what you are doing when you remote in)In this case, this file must be damaged or missing. Reinstalling TeamViewer will not fix this as it actually a part of your OS that is broken. This also may indicate larger problems or corruption in the system.

IMPORTANT: Never download a DLL file and replace it manually.: You can try running "sfc /scannow" in a  command prompt (It is best to do this in safe mode) to see if this can fix the dll file and search for other errors with your system.Otherwise, a system restore or repair is likely required to fix DLL issues, especially if this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hope this will be helpful.?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • carloshakme

@Yuri_T Thanks a lot for your information. I Guess im my case, that was the problem. My Hard Drive was showing signs of having physical problems. And probably the file was corrupted.

As my Hard Drive "died", I can't test it anymore. In case of buying a new one and having the same issue, I'll try to recover or SFC it !!

Thanks again!