Mass deployment TV13.2 with PermanentPassword registry key

ErnestAydinov
ErnestAydinov Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi

First of all, sorry for my English.

I've tryed to deploy TV13.2 on domain computers using this guide:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Mass-deployment-improvements/ta-p/39639

It was my first step " Install TeamViewer on a single computer and configure it to your needs. In the Options dialog (Extras | Options) in the category, "Advanced" use the Button "Export…" in order to export the *.reg file and name it "TeamViewer_Settings.reg"

But I saw that settings file didn't contain "PermanentPassword" key.

It's OK - I thoght - I'll just run regedit, copy this key and paste into the TeamViewer_Settings.reg.

After that I prepared .MST file with CUSTOMCONFIGID, APITOKEN,ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS and IMPORTREGFILE fields. Put .MST, .MSI and TeamViewer_Settings.reg in shared folder. I created new rule in GPO and assigned it to test workstation.

It worked well. In GUI Option-Security-Create personal password (for unattended access) I saw filled fields "Password" and "Confirm" as ••••••••••

So, I thoght that everything is good. But I was unpleasantly surprised cose I couldn't to connect to this workstation with incorrect password error.

After some tests I figured out that every PC enctrypt the same password into the different value "PermanentPassword" registry key.

Now I don't understand what I have to do with it. How can I deploy the Permanent Password on different computers?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you. It was helpful advice. But I have some notice, which I hope will be useful for somebody else. I've used TV 13.2 with Russian user interface. So, this screenshot from your link

22222.png

looks like this in my version 

11111.png

Literally translated from Russian, this means "Show new windows".

Exactly this point made me mess

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @ErnestAydinov

Thank you very much for bringing this up.

We have forwarded this to our dedicated team.

I am glad this could help you for your deployment.

I hope to see you soon on the Community.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager