Migrating to latest version of TeamViewer

PerformComp
PerformComp Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions
I currently have a TV 12 Business license.  I recently purchased a new license for 1 year for the current version of TV.  But I have not activated that license yet.  I've seen people have been unable to connect to computers running older versions of TV.  This worries me.

I have version 12 of the TV QuickSupport and TV Host deployed in many locations.  Will I be able to update each one the next time I connect with them? Or will I be unable to connect to them because they are version 12?

If that is the case what have you determined to be the proper upgrade path for this kind of situation?

Best Answer

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @PerformComp 

Thank you for your post.

We asked all users of the Personal version of TeamViewer to update to the latest version in order to continue using the services.

As mentioned in the above article, Licensed customers can remain using their purchased version. This means that as long as you are connecting using a licensed device associated with your licensed account, you will have no issue connecting to a device running a previous version of TeamViewer.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Looks good, but to be 100% clear:

If activate the new license and update to the latest version of TV on my PC, I will still be able to access Carl's server which is running TV 12 Host under my old license?