Mojave beta 4 troubleshooting

2»

Answers

• I have tried this and it still does not work. At the moment I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 Beta, build 18B73a. Also did not work in previous build.

As someone suggested, to get the TeamViewer_Desktop out of the installation package, I have disected the packages contained in the latest download and could not find it. The _Desktop is checked under Accesiblity but in Full Access there is only the TeamViewer app.

• JohnC3
    JohnC3 Posts: 1

I was having the same problem of being able to connect to MacBook Pro/Mohave OS but no control with either mouse or keyboard. I had added TeamViewer and Teamviewer_Desktop to both the Security & Privacy Accessibility and Full Access sections. Still wouldn't work. I ended up doing a Teamviewer full uninstall per the below instructions (make sure you click the "also deleted configuration files" box.) Reinstalled Teamviewer version 14 and all works well now. Able to access MacBook from Windows Surface Pro with full use of mouse & keyboard.

• @JohnC3 wrote:

I was having the same problem of being able to connect to MacBook Pro/Mohave OS but no control with either mouse or keyboard. I had added TeamViewer and Teamviewer_Desktop to both the Security & Privacy Accessibility and Full Access sections. Still wouldn't work. I ended up doing a Teamviewer full uninstall per the below instructions (make sure you click the "also deleted configuration files" box.) Reinstalled Teamviewer version 14 and all works well now. Able to access MacBook from Windows Surface Pro with full use of mouse & keyboard.

Hi and thanks, but I have already tried this several times with no luck. No suggestions offered up have worked for me thus far.

I am currently seeking alternative software to replace TeamViewer now.

• @Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Can you try this: open TeamViewer and go to Preferences, then check "Run TeamViewer as System" and apply the change. TeamViewer will restart. The next time an incoming connection is received on the Mac, you'll probably have another dialog box appear which asks you to grant access to "TeamViewer_Desktop", which you should do.

Then - after you've confirmed that "TeamViewer_Desktop" has been enabled in the Privacy pane in System Settings - try to reproduce the issue, ie. by connecting to this Mac while the Mac is showing the lock screen. I'd like to know if running TeamViewer as System makes any difference to your ability to control the Mac from the lock screen.

I've tried to reproduce this myself - connecting to a remote Mac while it was showing the lock screen, or connecting to it while it was completely logged out of the user account - and it worked correctly every time, allowing me to enter my credentials into the remote Mac to unlock it. At no time did it show me the active desktop of the remote Mac when the remote Mac was actually locked. So at the moment I'm not sure why you're having this experience. Perhaps there is some other factor on your Mac causing this to happen.

I hope you're able to get it working. Unfortunately this new security mechanism that Apple have introduced with macOS 10.14 - which requires you to grant access before your Mac can be controlled - affects all remote control software, not only TeamViewer.

Hi and thanks for the suggestion but I can't even find the "Run TeamViewer as System" option. I've been through the preferences several times. Can you advise which section/button this is under as I am still having this issue :(

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @FriarJnr1971

It's found on the "General" tab in TeamViewer Preferences. It's actually called "Start TeamViewer with System" and you should see it directly underneath the field "Your display name" at the top of that tab.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer

• @Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971

It's found on the "General" tab in TeamViewer Preferences. It's actually called "Start TeamViewer with System" and you should see it directly underneath the field "Your display name" at the top of that tab.

Hi Jeremy,

Ah, yes that was the confusion. I already had the "Start TeamViewer with System" option ticked so this hasn't resolved my issue either.

Might totally uninstall, and do a clean macOS install, the reinstall TeamViewer and see if that resolves it as a last measure. After that (if still not working) I'll be officially abandoning TeamViewer.

Thanks, Luke.

• Jeremy

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

Doing a clean reinstall of the OS sounds like a good idea. It's likely there is something else on your system that is preventing TeamViewer from working on Mojave as it should. Neither TeamViewer, nor any other remote control software that requires the macOS accessibility access, is able to get around this new restriction on Mojave - however, our app does work the way Apple requires it to work under Mojave, which leads me to suspect there must be some other factor causing this blockage on your computer. I really hope you're able to solve it!

Regards,
    Jeremy
  • I was about to do the clean macOS install when I noticed there was a (beta) update to TeamViewer. This resolved my issue and the subsequent full release is still working.

Therefore, that would suggest to me that the issue must have been with TeamViewer since previous (multiple) clean installs of the previous version didn’t work.

Let’s hope this one stays stable!

• Jeremy

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

It's good to hear that it's working for you now. Do you mean you had been running a beta version of TeamViewer until now? I had assumed you had been running at least the final (non-beta) version of TeamViewer 14 that was released around the end of October. What is the version number that you have now (from "About TeamViewer")?

Regards,
    Jeremy

• @Jeremy wrote:

Hi @FriarJnr1971,

It's good to hear that it's working for you now. Do you mean you had been running a beta version of TeamViewer until now? I had assumed you had been running at least the final (non-beta) version of TeamViewer 14 that was released around the end of October. What is the version number that you have now (from "About TeamViewer")?

No, I had been running a full public (non-beta) release when I was experiencing the issues. I was about to do a clean macOS install but decided to check for a TeamViewer update one more time and there was a beta one (came via the desktop application) which I installed (without doing an uninstall first) and all worked. This was then updated literally days later, through an update available alert, to a full public release which I am current running (14.0.13880).

• I have tried this and still am not seeing the icon showing up.
  • Dal_fe
    Dal_fe Posts: 2

I am having this problem right now. I have both teamviewr and teamvierdesktop on accessibility  , and full disk access. Still, I can connect and see the screen but no mouse or keyboard control.

• Fabs_Han
    Fabs_Han Posts: 1

Tha was the solution : tick the 2 boxes Teamviewer AND Teamviewer Desktop in the preference panel Security > Confidentiality

Everything works fine now

Fabien

• vilas
    vilas Posts: 4

You need to select both TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop in
    --> Settings,
    --> security & privacy settings,
    --> Accessibility 

on MacBook pro (Mojave) then it will grant remote access.