Mouse cursor sliding on external monitor with different DPI

PaulG
PaulG Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I'm using TeamViewer on my laptop to check on mainly two other computers at home. When doing so, I'm displaying the TeamViewer session on my external 16:9 monitor. My laptop display is 1920x1080 set at 125% DPI (otherwise would be too tiny to read) and the external monitor is set to 1920x1080 at 100% DPI (to enjoy the wide screen) -- note that both of these DPI settings are the Windows 10 recommended ones in the Display Settings dialog.

Whatever home computer I'm remote connected to, the mouse cursor most of the time after I've stopped moving just keeps further moving making it almost impossible to click on an object just after mouving the cursor. I first have to mouve the mouse a couple of times again to bring it back onto the object and hope it won't move anymore before I can click.

The cursor's movement is always into a perfectly diagonal / horizontal / vertical direction, making me think that due to the DPI changesome calculation rounds up the cursor position, readjust it on screen, checks it again etc... creating a continuous and very annoying cursor sliding on screen.

I'm using TeamViewer 13 on Windows 10 Pro x64 and I'm having the issue since using the different DPI seting between my two displays. The problem stays the same whatever View Scaling I'm using (original/scaled/best fit).

The problem however *does* go away as soon as I'm setting my external monitor to the same DPI settings (125%) than my laptop display -- with the drawback that everything is much bigger/zoomed on screen, kind of killing the benefit of the external monitor's large size as less is then displayed.

I'm suspecting this to be a design flaw or malfunctioning but as I'm a private user of the free licenses I can't submit a support ticket which I would have done otheriwse.

Thanks for your assistance and guidance !