My Account / Directly Login Password

gdcalonder
gdcalonder Posts: 7
edited May 2023 in General questions

Dear Community

Q1:
How i can change the Name of my Account, when my Administrator has made the Account?

Q2:
How i can disable the logging

Q3:
When i **Third Party Product** at the Webpage login.teamviewer.com, Why i dont have to confirm the login by clicking the Link from the E-Mail?

Q4:
In addiction to the Q3; Why when i login with the Account from outside i have to confirm the login?

Q5:
Why when i try to login with a Administratoraccount i have to confirm the login, no matter, witch Computer that is (in the Company Network and one Outside of the Company Network)

Q6:
How i can see if someone has set a Directly Login Password

Q7:
How i can disable the Auto Startup for the TeamViewer Host
OR
How i can make a Skript with cmd like StopTVH.bat that TeamViewer Host wud be closed after Startup?

I Know that i've vrote more than one question but because i've cant't get Support from TeamViewer directly because the E-Mail what they need for the License Key they use and i've have to enter there i've want use as respond adress because many people can see that, what i've dont want.

Greatings, gdcalonder

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi gdcalonder,

Sorry you had trouble raising a ticket, a Licensed email should be recognised automatically.

Q1:
    How i can change the Name of my Account, when my Administrator has made the Account?

In the software under "Edit Profile" or in the Management Console here  
    This requires the Permission "Allow Full Profile Modification" to be set by your administrator (It is on by default)

Q2:
    How i can disable the logging
    Which Logging do you mean?

• Connection reports for an account 
      In the software under "Edit Profile" or in the Management Console here  
      This requires the Permission "Allow Full Profile Modification" to be set by your administrator (It is on by default)
    • Logging for the software is in the options under "Advanced" > "Log FIles"

Question 3 4 and 5 are all the same Question.

You must do this at least once for each new browser or application. This is a mandatory extra layer of security as if your email address and password are not secured or is leaked, you place not only yourself but all other devices in your list at risk. For this reason you MUST use Trusted devices or 2 factor authentication.
    See our Knowledgebase Article on this

Q6:
    How i can see if someone has set a Directly Login Password
    In the application, go to Options > Security.
    If you can see the dots in the two fields, there is a permanent password set.

Q7:
    How i can disable the Auto Startup for the TeamViewer Host

OR
    How i can make a Skript with cmd like StopTVH.bat that TeamViewer Host wud be closed after Startup?

We do not support this. The host is for unattended access and will start with windows.
    If you only want attended access, use QuickSupport

I hope this answers your questions.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Hi Scotty

Thank You for your awnsers!

Q1: I've cant change something there... :(

Q2: The Logging under Conectionprotocol, that i've also can't change

Q3/4/5: I've can log me in at all devices in the work without klicking the link from the mail!

Q6: How i can get that password without reset that or ask someone for that? I've have the TeamViewer_settings.reg Document where all Settings wud be made.

Q7: I've not want unattendend Access but also not want the use the Quick Support. Now we have to send a Request for getting access but probably the administrator have set that password. i've just dont want that he can getting access without sending a request.

Give's it a way that you can change that Profile Settings?

Greatings, gdcalonder

• By the way, we from the education have just one account for all peoples on one computer. the others from the productivity group have each one single account. is this a good idea or wud you say use for each user one account and how you wud tell the admnistrator that, that he made for every user one account and not say no we leav it how it is.

greatings gdcalonder
  • Scotty

For 1 and 2
    It seems your admin has not granted you the permission to modify your own account. You would need to speak with them to make these changes.

3, 4, 5
    I believe someone added your IP.
    When you do trusted devices, you can trust a device or an IP.
    If someone trusted the IP, you can log in from anywhere inside that IP.

For security reasons, the password cannot be pulled from the software or the reg. it is hashed in both. You would need to speak to the person who set the password.

The way to do this would be to set a policy that set's the access control for incoming connections to "Prompt for confirmation".

Modify Profile
    I cannot modify the profile or allow you to. If your admin set it this as a setting, it was their choice. If you could bypass this just by asking a supporter, there wouldn't be any point in giving the admin the ability to restrict this. Sorry :)

Multiple Accounts
    It is not absolutely necessary that everyone has their own account, but I would definitely recommend it. This way it is easier to secure the system if someone leaves and it means the users can raise tickets (as I just realised this is why you cannot)

Hope this answers your questions!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Dear Scotty

Q6: Why then the Applicaton and or all other Programms now the Password? When you hash a Password you need to unhash it in the progrmam that the programm can read that...

Can you not simply do the same way yust, that you can see them?

And where in the TeamViewer_Settings.reg ist that hashed password?

• Scotty

Hi gdcalonder

If we were just going to decrypt any password when people asked, there would be no point in encrypting them.

The password cannot be pulled from the application or the reg file.

To be honest, most of your questions are about avoiding speaking to your admin, I would recommend you speak to the person who set it up and has control of the license about your needs.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator