No Custom Modules for V9?

Alexo
Alexo Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for the upgrade, I understand the security implications and why it was done.

That said I would like to know the following:

I have a number of custom modules that I use for remote support. Customers download them and are automatically added to my client list. I have two questions in this regard:

Q1: How can I create custom modules without upgrading or paying more money? This was a standard feature in the lifetime license I purchased originally. From what I understand it is no longer possible for me to create new quick support modules without buying a new license.

Q2: Will existing V6 custom modules still work, or will they have to be replaced with generic ones where the customer needs to read or message me their ID?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Alexo 

Thanks for your post and your question!

You still have the customized modules available! The page you used formerly has been replaced by a centralized customization center in the management console. From there, you can tailor your module, without having to care about different operating systems or updates as this is done automatically for you.  

See also: QuickSupport and SOS button and Brand Your TeamViewer Modules for an Integrated Appearance and Customized QuickSupport module

Your custom modules will still work until January 15th, but I recommend to replace the QuickSupport modules before it. The best thing is: You get a link, you can share with your users or simply replace the action which lies behind your QuickSupport Button on your web page.

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Johan_de_Kerk
    Johan_de_Kerk Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to Customize the Ver 9 Quick Support Client like I did in Ver 7.
    Using this link: https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/deploy/modules

On the screen it shows like I want it customized.
    I click Save.
    I then use the download link: https://get.teamviewer.com/xxxxxx
    The file that it downloads is not the one I Customized but the Default TeamViewer Quick Support.

Please help me to get this working.

Regards
    Johan de Klerk

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Johan_de_Kerk ,

Thank you for your post.

We need to look into your case individually in order to assist you. Also our technical support team would like to test by using the actual download link you have used.

Therefore, please contact our support team. They are happy to assist you further.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Johan_de_Kerk
    Johan_de_Kerk Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi Yuri,

Thank you very much for your reply and message.

I have opened a support ticket and have put the download link in the message.

Regards
    Johan de Klerk