Posted by Nielsen_Knowhow
Digon

Re: No connection to TeamViewer server

It sound reasonable - As far as I remember, the root cause at my system was that the program had not the right permissions to open a window in Wayland - Hence it was not allowed to start the session in a Wayland window. For the time beeing I only run TeamViewer from my workstation - It uses Xorg due to some Nvidia driver compatibility issues... My notebook however, still has the issue, just chose not to use it for TeamViewer...
Highlighted
Posted by GeminiAlpha
Henagon

After lots of mail back and forth with TV helpdesk and trying their several proposed solutions, it finally works. I now use TV12-0-83-369 on Win8.1 and i'm happy!

Hang on with their help crew!

Posted by Cg_A
Electron

I downloaded the full TeamViewer appy and installed it on my Win7 PC. I pinned a start button to the task bar and when I touch it, there is a flash and then no further evidence that it is ready and no window showing its ready. When I login to TeamViewer.com, I get a page with a list of my computers i have loaded TeamViewer in to but there is no button or action i can find to begin looking at the remote laptop from my PC. One bit of help from *someone* seems to indicate I may have a firewall problem but I dont know why that would keep me from seeing another computer inside my router network ??? Any help, anyone?

Posted by ryant22
Photon

That did the trick for me :) Fedora 27 - Wayland

Posted by joshuakL
Proton

sudo does not work.  but running from su  does. 

su

teamviewer

Screenshot_2018-05-03_22-34-48.png

Im running arch wayland

Posted by joshuakL
Proton

you need to 

su

teamviewer

sudo will not work.

Posted by phpolo
Photon

I found only one way to clear this problem occured few days ago...

I have unistall Version 13 and reinstalled old version 11 now every thing work fine.

DO NOT UPDATE SOMETHING WOIRKING