Announcements

Become a product development partner for TeamViewer. Read more about it in our Announcement.

Posted by xtof
Henagon

No connection to TeamViewer server

I'm using Fedora Linux, and successfully installed teamviewer_11.0.67687.i686.rpm. But I'm getting a dialog "No connection to TeamViewer server. Please check your internet connection. Most likely you use a proxy server and you have to enter the proper information in the options dialog."

$ sudo systemctl status teamviewerd.service
[sudo] password for chris:
● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote control daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2016-11-12 13:08:18 PST; 18min ago
Main PID: 4751 (teamviewerd)
Tasks: 14 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service
└─4751 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

Nov 12 13:08:18 f25h.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting TeamViewer remote control daemon...
Nov 12 13:08:18 f25h.localdomain systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such
Nov 12 13:08:18 f25h.localdomain systemd[1]: Started TeamViewer remote control daemon.

I've also stopped firewalld just to test if it's the firewall. And there are no SELinux AVC messages. So I can't figure out why it can't connect to TeamViewer servers. On a Mac, on this same wireless network, I don't have this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by xa
Henagon
Solution

Re: No connection to TeamViewer server

Hi all,

I've the same issue.

I tried the tarball (for unsupported systems) and it is working.

Kind regards,

Soeren

56 Replies
Posted by PetkoDoichev
Digon

I have the same problem with new fedora 25. Try to install newer teamviewer 12 beta, but result is the same. Did you find any solution?

Posted by DamienCassou
Digon

Incompatibility with Fedora 25 and ntlm

Hi,

I've just installed Fedora 25 and Teamviewer 11.0.67687 (wine-1.6) and I always get the message:

Not ready. Please check your connection.

Here is a part of /var/log/teamviewer11/cassou/gui.log that might be related. Can someone please help me?

err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000122-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80040155
err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {00000122-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}, 80040155
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c055 00000001
fixme:bitmap:CreateBitmapIndirect planes = 0
"sni-qt/3739" WARN  10:40:27.215 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE 
"sni-qt/3739" WARN  10:40:27.215 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" :  "The name org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher was not provided by any .service files" 
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:nls:GetGeoInfoW -1 4 0x33fcbc 3 0
fixme:process:WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId stub

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi,

Can you provide us with the following information regarding this problem:

1. How did you install TeamViewer on the system (softwarecenter or terminal?) and which version are you using?

2. Which display manager is installed on the system?

Thank you in advanced!

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by PetkoDoichev
Digon

Hi
1. I tried to install teamviewer through software center, but it said "File is not supported", so I try through terminal and I succeeded. But it can't connect.
2. I use gnome 3.22 and nautilus.

Posted by PetkoDoichev
Digon

I found more info about the problem.

If you login with gnome Xorg, you can use teamviewer without problem, but if you use wayland, teamviewer cant connect to server.

Posted by DamienCassou
Digon

> 1. How did you install TeamViewer on the system (softwarecenter or terminal?) and which version are you using?

dnf install -y https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer.i686.rpm

> 2. Which display manager is installed on the system?

The default one on Fedora 25: Gnome 3.22 + Wayland

TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

we talked to our development regarding this.

It happens when you do an autoupdate form Fedora24 to Fedora25 - this is a bug in our current version. We are already working on it and I will inform you when we have fixed it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by DamienCassou
Digon

I didn't do any update from F24 to F25. I erased my hard disk and installed F25 from scratch on a blank disk.

TeamViewer Staff

Summary:

Linux Developer
Posted by ReynierPM
Electron

I am using Fedora 25 as well and I am having the same issue. I am using the latest 12 release. Any updates on this?

Posted by ORNI
Henagon

hello

I have the same problem. Is there any news on this issue.
After switching to Xorg teamviewer work normally , but i want to use wayland .

Best regards,

Posted by xtof
Henagon

Yep, it's a Wayland issue. My expectation is Teamviewer could work as a client (see someone else's screen) using XWayland pretty easily, but there's probably substantially more work getting it to work as a server/host (to share my screen with someone else). Since there aren't separate client server programs, I think we just have to fallback to XOrg for now.

Posted by pfl
Electron

Any news regarding this issue?

Cheers

pfl

Posted by SPA1
Photon

Hi all.  30.12.2016. I´d like to post my experience too.

Clean, default install of Fedora 25 x64 and Teamviewer 12 .rpm via Software Installer.

The same problem.  " TeamViewer is not rady. Check your connection."  Anyway, Thank you for your work. We have to wait a little.

Posted by xa
Henagon
Solution

Hi all,

I've the same issue.

I tried the tarball (for unsupported systems) and it is working.

Kind regards,

Soeren

Posted by keeeeeinplan
Electron

Hi Soeren, 

thanks for the idea with the workarround installing the tarball, works with Fedora 25!

Kind regards,

Cornelius

Posted by nilssab
Henagon

Hello, you guys who got it working with the tarball, are you using wayland, and may you be using amd or nvidia drivers that have pushed you back to xorg?

Posted by m4b0
Henagon

I'm using wayland and I'm confirming that TeamViewer is working using the tar.xz file.

Posted by nilssab
Henagon

Thank you for the fast reply.

I didn't get it to work for me in wayland even with the tarball, but it works in Xorg so it can't be a firewall problem etc..

But anyway I'm probably going to use Xorg for the time being, since I want the proprietary nvidia drivers anyway, but it would be awesome if wayland would get fully and officially supported :) 

Posted by xa
Henagon

Hi all,

I'm using the tarball with wayland.

I've a Laptop with two graphic cards (Intel and Nvidia) so I'm using the graphic card of the Intel CPU without special drivers.

Kind regards,
Soeren

Posted by arcadian
Photon

On Fedora 25 using wayland;

Getting the same problem but as mentioned by earlier thread: launching the teamviewer from tar file works with no problems.

Posted by NachoGomez
Photon

Hello!

This is also happening to me in openSUSE 13.2. I'm not using Wayland (although there are some libwayland libraries installed), I'm use KDE 4.14 with Xorg. The tarball works fine. I think this issue started after updating to TV12

Regards...

Posted by DamienCassou
Digon

I'm on Fedora 25 and Wayland (I double-checked by typing Alt+F2 and 'r' to get the message "Restart is not available on Wayland").

I managed to install Teamview, run it and even connect to a friend's computer to see his screen. Nevertheless, my friend (running macOS) has only been able to see my screen as a *big black rectangle* instead of my windows. He could move the mouse and type though.

Posted by MuTou
Electron

It doesn't work for me, also Fedora 25.

$ ./teamviewer

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
XRandRWait: No value set. Using default.
XRandRWait: Started by user.
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
/home/xxxx/Downloads/teamviewer_12.0.71510_i386/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

Then, have a small window pops out shows error and black content.

Highlighted
Posted by crotweet
Photon

Have you tried switching from Gnome (default) to Gnome on Xorg?
You can select one of them on login screen ( You'll see gear icon ).

1 Reply
Posted by Gasp0de
Electron

Hi there, I am on Arch Linux, also using TV12 on Gnome with Wayland, same issue! Any Idea on when to expect a fix? It really bugs me...

Posted by KFJ408
Henagon

"I didn't do any update from F24 to F25. I erased my hard disk and installed F25 from scratch on a blank disk." As i did. Then I installed separatly the "KDE Plasma Desktop". Same no conection errors.

Posted by JoaoMeisen
Henagon

Fresh Install Fedora 25, Fresh install TV12. Also getting the error message.

TV11 also giving error message.

I was able to get the tarball to work but I would say that is a pesky workaraound and not a solution.

Posted by AmrAbdeen
Photon

su teamviewer

Fedora 25 wayland

Regards,

Amr

Posted by JoaoMeisen
Henagon

$ su teamviewer
su: user teamviewer does not exist
[root@localhost]# teamviewer

Init...
 *** TeamViewer can not be executed with sudo! ***
 Either use your normal user account without sudo
 or use a the real root account to log in to your desktop (not recommended!).

I'm sorry but I've failed to see how this resolves anything...

Posted by Nielsen_Knowhow
Digon

Hi All,

After fiddling around a while I finally got to the conclusion that TV won't work on Wayland, no matter what others postulates.

Both the tar and the rpm installation of 11 and 12 fails connecting to the teamviewerd, fails to get the Xorg auth (according to logs) and ultimately fails working.

The second I change to Xorg it works though - Both 11 and 12 versions and both tar and .rpm.

I'm at Fedora 25, properly updated and using Wayland.

(For easy checking whether you are on Wayland or Xorg do Alt-F2 and try the "r" command - Wayland won't reload as Xorg will).

If Teamviewer manages to make it work on Wayland, I'll definetely consider upgrading my 11 to 12, but not before!

So far I run all my TV sessions selecting Xorg for that specific session.

I want to stick to Wayland for all other purposes as this is the way the development goes.

Brgds,

Axel Nielsen

Posted by OmnITServices
Photon

Hi everybody, I have the same problem on Centos 7. Does anyone have a solution ?
Posted by ahrherrera
Photon

OK, there is no solution. The only way to make TV working is to set "Gnome on XOrg "desktop at login.

Anyway if you have problems that on F24 you did not had. You need to switch to Gnome on XOrg instead of the default Gnome desktop wich uses XWayland.

Posted by GeminiAlpha
Henagon

I have te same problem "No connection to TeamViewer server", but in Windows8.1 (with all updates for 64bit version).
I've had this once before, after upgrading from v11 to v12
It was a **bleep** of a job to get in touch with TV help, in Facebook as well as in Twitter.
They are busy and imho they forget scanning customer questions in FB and TW. This performance must be improved, absolutely!

Posted by GeminiAlpha
Henagon

some time ago I upgraded from v11 to v12, result:

No connection to TeamViewer server.

updating v12 to a newer version, result:

No connection to TeamViewer server.

hold your breath, they have problems, i think!

Posted by Henrywong
Digon

Now is good,they are data case is bad,tomorrow waste so many time:(
Posted by daxryan
Henagon

same here... no connection to teamviewer server since April 9 upgrade

Posted by Telbiur
Henagon

No TeamViewer Network Access (185.188.32.0/24)

We are an ISP. Our customers report that they can not use the program.

Below tracert to master1.teamviewer.com

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tracert master1.teamviewer.com

Trasa śledzenia do master1.teamviewer.com [185.188.32.1]
przewyższa maksymalną liczbę przeskoków 30

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  mt-polna [10.140.4.1]
  2     1 ms     *        1 ms  10.0.140.1
  3     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  78-131-235-6X.tktelekom.pl [78.131.235.6X]
  4     9 ms     7 ms     7 ms  83.238.248.228
  5     6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  te0-0-0-13.ccr21.waw01.atlas.cogentco.com [149.6.70.49]
  6    19 ms    18 ms    19 ms  be2253.ccr42.ham01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.61.1]
  7    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  be2816.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.38.209]
  8    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  be2440.agr21.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.50.6]
  9    28 ms    28 ms    28 ms  ae-12.r02.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [130.117.14.250]
 10    29 ms    28 ms    29 ms  ae-7.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.158]
 11    33 ms    36 ms    33 ms  ae-9.r20.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.76]
 12    33 ms    32 ms    33 ms  ae-1.r00.frnkge06.de.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.11]
 13    33 ms    33 ms    33 ms  83.231.214.146
 14     *        *        *     Upłynął limit czasu żądania.
 15     *        *        *     Upłynął limit czasu żądania.
Posted by Mersault
Henagon

Same issue since I updated to version 12. I'm on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 and installed through the debian package on the web.

Remote connection is working but I cannot login to my account

Posted by GeminiAlpha
Henagon

some time ago I received a mail. TV crew answered, they are still working on it.
It looks to me it's difficult, because it already took some time...
Hold your breath...

regards, Geminialpha

Posted by chris_tv
Electron

If running on Linux, try restarting the TeamViewer daemon, e.g. 'service teamviewerd restart'. I can't remember where I saw this suggestion, but this works for me. The explanation was that it's caused by a race condition. Hope it helps someone.
Posted by zeljan
Electron

Fedora 25 without wayland (KDE Plasma), restarting teamviewerd service fixed my problem.

Posted by joannachua72
Electron

hi, i am also having this same problem with my team viewer as mentioned below.

may i know how i can have this solved?

Posted by joannachua72
Electron

hi, i am also having this same problem with my team viewer as mentioned below.

may i know how i can have this solved?

Posted by oglop
Photon

restarting the daemon works magically

systemctl restart teamviewerd

or

service teamviewerd restart
Posted by dpayton
Photon

This worked for me on Zorin. Thanks!

Posted by vongts
Photon

It becauses of IP V6.

I got the same issue then I check this case, using mobile to test teamviewer I see it works but not work with my wifi. So I think this cause of my network. Called to network service they came and check and see that my network use both ip v4 & ip v6 (maybe switch sometime between v4 & v6). Then they set it use ip v4 only then Teamviewer works for me.

Hope that it help for someone got issue like me.

Regards,

Posted by oesponda
Electron

Thanks, that fixed my problem.

Posted by ivanxx
Photon

Well, for those having problems even with the tarball, I just discovered that it wil not work if you install the tarball (tv-setup install), but it will if you run directly the teamviewer executable in the folder where you extract the tarball. 

From what I can see, the difference is that a so-called "Network process" is not started when you run it from the installed version while it does start if you run teamviewer directly from the folder where you extract the tarball. More than a Wayland problem this seems like a permissions problem when you install under Wayland...