OFF LINE MODE?

dapaq2
dapaq2 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello Group,

I am a former **third party content** users, but now using Teamviewer! **third party content** has a manual function to put the program in "Off Line" mode (disconnect from the internet). I cannot seem to find a way to do this with Team Viewer. Is there a way to do this with Team Viewer???

Thank you,

Doug

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Close Teamviewer using the system tray icon.

If you are worried about security, Be sure to also consider the following and of course consider keeping your teamviewer current.

In Options > Security:

1. up the password setting, or disable the random password entirely.
    2. Setup a Whitelist either for your organization or for your users individually.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • dapaq2
    dapaq2 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Actually, Its not me who is 'worried' about security, it is a friend of mine who is paranoid about hackers accessing his computer and keeps uninstalling the program everytime we are done working with a remote session.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and provide that information. I have spoken to him and he likes the "white list" feature and feels more comfortable. Hopefully this will put an end to him uninstall and reinstall of the program!

Thank you,

Doug

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

As TeamViewer works without installation, there is no need for an offline mode or constantly un-/installing, simply put the teamviewer_setup_##.exe on the desktop and it will be offline until you start it. If you like to install it - e.g. because of auto-updates - you can turn of the autostart in options, so you have to manually start TeamViewer when you need it, else it will be off(line) :smileywink:

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«