One way connection

Options
bazbsg
bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have an account that I use to access my own PCs. Sometimes I need to help my mother with her PC. I'd like to add her to my account and be able to access her PC, but I would not like her to be able to connect to any of my PCs. I saw one other post that said I could install a version on her PC with partial capabilities, but I don't feel that is secure enough as someone could reinstall the full version on her PC and then have access to mine. Is there any way to set my PCs to block access from her PC or to only allow access from the PCs I permit? I could create a separate account for just her and me but that means logging out and in every time I want to switch. Being able to configure security as I'm requesting would be much easier for me. Thanks...

Comments

• bazbsg
    Options
    If it's not possible, an answer saying so would be appreciated.
  • Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi @bazbsg

Well - you have several options here:

I recommend: Install a TeamViewer Host on your mothers PC and do not give her administrative rights on her maschine to avoid that he upgrades the Host module to a full version (or any other person who is working on her PC).

I can assure you that noone can connect to any of your devices without beeing signed to your TeamViewer account. You just need to make sure to sign out of your account when leaving a PC. Additionally I recommend to set up 2 factor authentication to your account as an extra layer of security.

Your mother does not need to be signed in to your TeamViewer Account and she does not need an account either. Just save her device in your TeamViewer account and this allows you to connect to her device easliy.

I hope this help you. Please update this thread in case of any further questions or comments.

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• bazbsg
    Options

Thank you for the answer. I had not realized that I could add her PC to my list of devices without her device being in my account. This solves my problem! Thanks again.