Options-->Security-->Grant Easy Access

JulianC
JulianC Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

Is there a way to grey out this option through central policy in order to stop users ticking this box?

Thanks

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your post. 

While there is no option in the settings policies that would let you specifically disable easy access, you can definitely use the policies to prevent your users from activating easy access for their devices. 

For security reasons, activating easy access requires users to assign the device in question to their account (e.g. in the main window of the TeamViewer client under "Extras > Options > General > Account assignment"). A device can only be assigned to one account at a time.

As you probably know, assigning a policy also requires you to first assign the devices to your account. Therefore, if you assign the devices to your account (e.g. in order to the deploy a policy), nobody else would be able to activate easy access on them. 

If you want to be 100% sure, I would recommend assigning a policy to those devices and adding "Prevent removing account assignment" to that policy. That way, you can prevent your users from reassigning the device to themselves to enable easy access.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to le me know!

All the best,

Katharina

• Hi,

Many thanks for the reply,

The current problem is we cannot stop the users from "accidently" clicking that box and thus allowing all technicians to have easy access to the device (All hosts are assigned to a central account for policy management).

Is there anyway we can prevent this?

Many Thanks

Julian

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi Julian, 

Thanks for the clarifications, I see what you mean now. 

To prevent your users from activating easy access by accident, you would have to protect the TeamViewer settings as a whole. You can either protect them with a password ("Extras > Options > Advanced > Show advanced options > TeamViewer options > Protect options with password) or by setting "Changes require administrative rights on this computer". The latter option can also be deployed via the settings policies.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Katharina