Premium license

Christinacore3d
Christinacore3d Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, 

I have purchase the premium license to the teamviewer. However I seems cannot find on how to set a permanent password clients for  so that I can easily access to their computer and do support. Can anyone help me on this?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Christinacore3d

There are 3 ways.

1) When installing, if you select "For unattended access" it will ask you to set up a password when going through this.

2) Go to Extras > Options > Security
    The personal password field is up the top.Capture.PNG

3) Install custom host
    This would be my recommendation as it speeds up install and assignment as well as adding your own logos.

Hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • This one need to be apply on my teamviewer or the client's teamviewer. As I am having difficulties to keep on asking the clients for the teamviewer ID and password to access to their computer. So I need a solution to synchronize and set the password to access to their computer.
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

It needs to be set on their side.

For security reasons, the passwords cannot sync from a central location as we wouldn't be able to authenticate this change (As the password is used for authentication)

You must set the password while already remoted in, while in front of the device or during install.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Hi Scotty,

So that's mean after I setup those steps, I do not need the client keep on providing me the Teamviewer ID and password is it?
  • wbdzynr
    wbdzynr Posts: 2

Correct.  Once you set up the unattended access on the remote machine, you should be able to continue accessing it.  When I have clients install TV, I either instruct them to complete the unattended access using a predetermined password, or I immediately get on with the temporary password and set it up myself.