Printing Via Teamviewer

hkm
hkm Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

i tried to print via team viewer 12 by remote Printing which i already install it .

but it didnt work even i say my priniting status that show me it is connected to

teamviewer Printer

any idea

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Dear hkm,

Thank you very much for your post.

In order to set up remote printing, you would first have to install the TeamViewer print driver. You will find this option under “Extras > Options > Advanced > Show advanced options > Advanced network settings > Install remote printing”. Please be sure to install this driver on both sides of the connection.

Once the drivers have been installed, you can establish a connection to your remote computer and activate remote printing in the TeamViewer toolbar:

remote_printing.jpg

Your local printers will now be displayed in the print dialog boxes on the remote computer. They will be labelled “[name of printer] via TeamViewer”.

To run a print job, just follow these simple steps:

1. Open the document you would like to print and open your normal Print dialog box.
    2. Select a printer ending with “via TeamViewer”.
    3. Start the print job.

Please note that the remote printing function is only available for connections from Windows to Windows and that your printer needs to support PostScript or EMF.

I hope this was helpful! If you encounter any difficulties, please do not hesitate to post a detailed description of what went wrong :)

All the best,

Katharina

• hkm
    hkm Posts: 6 ✭✭

Dear Katharina,

i did all and now i can see the printer ending name with teamviewer and ready to print.

but when printing nothing happen.

any other thing to do.

thank you

• My problem is that once I click on "activate remote print" nothing happens.  I do not get a prompt to install any drivers.  I've looked in downloads on both machines but cannot find any remote print drivers to install.  I've logged out, closed down, started over - never get the prompts to install any drivers. Can the drivers be downloaded from somewhere else?

• Katharina

Hi theepegasus,

Thank you for your post.

You can install the print drivers in your TeamViewer settings. Simply open the main window of your TeamViewer and go to “Extras > Options > Advanced > Show advanced options > Advanced network settings > Install remote printing”. 

The drivers should be installed on both sides of the connection.

I hope this is helpful. 

All the best, 

Katharina

• I know how I should get it to remote print.  The problem is that when I get to the step of "activate remote print"  I do not get any of the pop ups to download or install anything.

• Katharina

Hi theepegasus, 

Thanks for your reply. I apologise for the late response. 

Once the drivers have been installed on both sides of the connection and you have selected "activate remote printing" in the tool bar, you should not have to download or install anything else. 

As soon as you have completed the above-mentioned steps, you should be able to see your local printers in the print dialog as "[printer name] via TeamViewer".

If this does not work for you, could you kindly confirm that your printer supports either PostScript or EMF print drivers?

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best, 

Katharina

• How do you get to EXTRAs, and OPTIONS??? I am having the same issue...

• I am able to click on remote printing and my printer shows up in the drop down and the screens says it's printing but it's not..... so frustrating!!!!! Never have had a problem with this!!!

• Did you find some solution. I have the same problem . Windows 10 and Teamviewer 12.0.83369. Printer is HP Laserjet 1022.

I try to connect the same printer on different laptop, and everything works o.k. Just on Win 10 have problem.