Brother in Sweden needs help to upgrade to TeamViewer 14

resander
resander Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

My brother lives in Sweden and I live in UK. We both use Windows 10. He is telling me his computer is getting slower and slower and asked me to help. Somebody in Sweden installed TeamViewer on his PC 3-4 years ago to help to solve another problem. That TeamViewer is still there.

I have just installed TeamViewer version 14 on my PC in UK, but could not connect to the TeamViewer on my brother's PC. I received an error message saying the TeamViewer on my brother's PC was out of date and could not be used. I told my brother to click on 'Help' and 'Check for New Version' on his Teamviewer's menu. He did and said the TeamViewer's account user name and password were displayed. The account user name was the same as before, but the password had changed.

When I tried connecting to the TeamViewer on my brother's PC I still got same 'version out of date' error response. I have never used TeamViever, so I do not know the steps needed for updating TeamViewer, neither does my brother. Maybe he unknowingly omitted something, like reactivate. What could it be? Suggestions please.

I would simply uninstall the out-of-date TeamViewer via the Control Panel, download the latest TeamViever and reinstall, but my brother has never done that before so it could risky and error prone.

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• resander
    resander Posts: 2

My brother lives in Sweden and I live in UK. We both use Windows 10. He is telling me his computer is getting slower and slower and asked me to help. Somebody in Sweden installed TeamViewer on his PC 3-4 years to help to solve another problem. That TeamViewer is still there.

I have just installed TeamViewer version 14, but could not connect to the TeamViewer on my brother's PC. I received an error message saying the TeamViewer on my brother's PC was out of date and could not be used. I told my brother to click on 'Help' and 'Check for New Version' on his Teamviewer's menu. He did and said the TeamViewer's account user name and password were displayed. The account user name was the same as before, but the password had changed.

When I tried connecting to the TeamViewer on my brother's PC I still got same 'version out of date' error response. I have never used TeamViever, so I do not know the steps needed for updating TeamViewer, neither does my brother. Maybe he unknowingly omitted something, like reactivate. What could it be? Suggestions please.

I would simply uninstall the out-of-date TeamViewer via the Control Panel, download the latest TeamViever and reinstall, but my brother has never done that before so it could risky and error prone.

Advice appreciated.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @resander ,

In your case, kindly try using TeamViewer QuickSupport to conect to your Brother then remote update TeamViewer to the lastest version within the session.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ask your brother/partnet to download TeamViewer QuickSupport,
      Note: TeamViewer QuickSupport is a RUN only application. it can be run while TeamViewer full version is installed.
    2. Once TeamViewer QuickSupport is online, you initiate the remote control session from your TeamViewer client to TeamViewer QuickSupport. 
      On your side of screen, find Files & Extras -> Install -> Install default TeamViewer
      QS- update TV.png
    3. A pop up message will ask you to confirm the installation.
      QS- update TV 2.pngQS- update TV 3.png
    4. Once the download of TeamViewer is cpmpleted at the remote side, current connection will be cut off. A new window will pop out and ask you to reconnect.
      QS- update TV 4.pngQS- update TV 5.png
    5. You may connect again to your partner side to check for the version.

Hope it works and answers your case.

Regads

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员