Problems with TeamViewer 13 on Mac

AgustinEguia
AgustinEguia Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Since Teamviewer hit v13, I unluckily rolled the update on all the PCs on the location where I deployed the TV license.

I always carry my macbook Pro, and since v3 the app can't login into my account, I enter information and it just blinks then nothing happen. Happens also on my Mac Pro... same scenario.

Anyone experiencing this ? I already tried to update the application but same problem.

EDIT 1: Clearly a problem of v13, just installed v12 and I can log in without any problem

Best Answers

Answers

• tiki2331
    tiki2331 Posts: 2

Process: TeamViewer [704]
    Path: /Applications/TeamViewer.app/Contents/MacOS/TeamViewer
    Identifier: com.teamviewer.TeamViewer
    Version: 13.1.2559 (1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: TeamViewer [704]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-03-17 16:40:35.929 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.3 (17D102)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: BFA91976-7228-45A4-2B77-EE17467BE8C6

Time Awake Since Boot: 1100 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
    Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Application Specific Information:
    /Applications/TeamViewer.app/Contents/MacOS/TeamViewer

• riiken
    riiken Posts: 1

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried to install using the v13 .dmg and it crashes after install. Then tried to reinstall v12 and update via the app, then it crashed again.

• tiki2331
    tiki2331 Posts: 2

thanks, the problem was resolve with the link

• mlrobins
    mlrobins Posts: 5 ✭✭

I am also having this problem

• As always, greetings and thanks for taking your time to try to help.

However, in general don't post advice or other statements without identifying what you mean, what you are saying, or what you are referring to in SOME way. Anything. Really.

ESPECIALLY when you are pointing to a file download.

Thanks.

• MikasPT
    MikasPT Posts: 4

The version that teamview homepage have install no problems never runs always crash.

the 13 but old version that You put the link install no problems and runs no problem in my macbook pro 2010 with the last OSX installed. ( 10.13.3 or later )

but i will try again later if the oficial version of TV13 fix the crash problem or need to again install a old TV13 

Sorry about my poor english but is not my native language.

The Best Regards

• MikasPT
    MikasPT Posts: 4

Okay it work

i just update from 13 to the last V13 in update feature of teamview install no problems and voila runs great no crash 

Thankds for the fix i love use the software that i used for years

The best regards

• We are currently looking for a videoconference solution for our company and TeamViewer may be an option. However when activating Screensharing I can´t quit screensharing...  Using two Macbook Pros running Sierra. 

It may be a known bug but I report here as well.

• clemy
    clemy Posts: 1

hello, 

I just install the last update from teamviewer from your home page on my macbook and it does start... When I ask the application to start, le logo "jump" for around 2min and then it stop jumping but nothing appen... 
    Can you help me please

• tota
    tota Posts: 1
    please I want to install teamviewer on Mac. but the URL is not working.
    Any Advice or help.

thanks,
  • kirk
    kirk Posts: 1

I just purchased a new mac which unfortunately comes with High Sierra. I download TV13 but i am unable to sign in. I enter my password and nothing happens. So I tried it on my friend's macbook air with el capitan. SAME THING. I can no longer support my customers unless I am on a version lower than 13. BUt I've upgraded many users to TV13 so I can't connect to them at all unless i use a **bleep** windows machine.

• I'm trying to update my version but the link is unaviable.

Please, send to me the right link.

• rlpj
    rlpj Posts: 1

I am having the same issue as in this thread. I start Teamviewer, the icon bounces and it will not start. I followed these directions: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-uninstall-TeamViewer-on-my-Mac/ta-p/4165

And the same issue persists. I did not have this issue until an update. 

Teamviewer version: v13.1.4170, per website, as it will not start

Mac OSX version: 10.13.4 (17E202)

I would be happy with a previous version if it worked. Any idea when this will be addressed or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

• TheAppGuy
    TheAppGuy Posts: 2

I've updated latest version and now cannot log in. I've uninstalled and re-installed and still nothing.  This is really frustrating. As a full commercial user I find it appauling that I cannot do any promised work since I cannot log into my contacts.  When will this issue be taken seriously and a solution provided?

Corporate: 3 Channel.

macOS 10.13.5

• JFS-IT
    JFS-IT Posts: 1
    Same for me. Installed v13 from their website and I cannot login on my Mac.

Come on TeamViewer. Fix this!!
  • valiot
    valiot Posts: 1
    Great! this was the issue for me. I deactivated one machine and now I can login. As a feature request please display a message to the user if this happens because it's very frustrating.
  • Hello,

I have the same problem. I deleted Teamviewer and downloaded newest version and still the same. How can I fix this please?

Thank you.

• Hi there,

thanks for posting this solution! It was helpful and I really appreciate finally finding the answer to what my ongoing problem has been!

However, I do strongly feel the need to point out that it is absolutely CRAZY that the Team Viewer error does not explicitly inform you that this is what is happening.

Seriously, how hard would it be for TV to simply say "Sorry, you're already signed in to Team Viewer on the maximum number of devices that a free account allows. Click here to upgrade to a business account..."

Instead, we get a vague and generic error message that says "Computers & Contacts - Error: The e-mail and password you entered do not match any accounts on record" and we have to investigate for ourselves why this might be happening and **hopefully** come across this thread which has the solution.

I bet you'd even get more people upgrading to business accounts if they knew straight away that it would allow them to sign in immediately!!

It seems like an absolute no-brainer?