Random wake up . . .

TPNussinow
TPNussinow Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Just started using wake on lan with teamviewer (windows 7). . . got everything set up, and it seems to be working well, however . . .   when I put the remore PC to sleep or hibernate, it wakes up automatically in about a minute or so.  Any ideas what the issue could be, or what settings need to be changed/adjusted??

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @TPNussinow,

I'm terrified that this will be a long thread ...

Let's start with the Windows Event Viewer: look for the elements that indicate the reason for the reboot, and they can make it clear that it was the same for a wake on lan network rather than using the mouse or keyboard.

Also check the BIOS: what type of suspension mode you have available (S1 and S3 should be available options)

Let me know.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• TPNussinow

I'm more terrified, based on my technical experience (or lack thereof)  with this kind of thing.

In event viewer, under the power troubleshooter, the wake source shows as ACPI Lid . . 

As for Bios, no idea where you find the suspension info, however, under power management, I selected wake on LAN & WLAN 

Also, not too sure if this would affect the issue or not, but I am running the teamviewer host on the remote computer, not the full version.

• TPNussinow

Update; for whatever reason, the remote computer has stayed in it's sleep state for most of this afternoon/evening . . . not too sure why or if the unexpected/unscheduled wake ups will begin again, but as of now, it seems to be working correctly . . .

• TPNussinow

It's back to randomly waking again . . . seems to happen more in the morning than afternoon. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

• jbmav
    jbmav Posts: 2 ✭✭

did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem

• jbmav
    jbmav Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

I've setup WOL and it works great, but now my PC keeps waking from sleep randomly. I've looked at some of the solutions online but most seem to recommend disabling the features that WOL needs.

I have confirmed that it's the network adapter that's waking the PC, and I can't find anything other than teamviewer that might cause it to wake

System:

OS Version:        10.0.19044 N/A Build 19044

OS Configuration:     Standalone Workstation

Processor(s):        AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

BIOS Version:       American Megatrends International, LLC. 2.60, 14/01/2021

Network Card(s):      5 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

Connection Name: WiFi

DHCP Enabled:  Yes

[02]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection

[03]: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Connection Name: Ethernet

[04]: Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter

Connection Name: vEthernet (Default Switch)

DHCP Enabled:  No

[05]: TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter V9

Connection Name: Ethernet 2

Modem/router: Technicolor DWA0120

• CapeAhab
    CapeAhab Posts: 2 ✭✭

Having the same problem. Anyone know how to fix it?

• CapeAhab
    CapeAhab Posts: 2 ✭✭

Having the same problem. Anyone know how to fix it?