Re: Quick Support default access permission

Katharina
Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi DanG,

Thank you for your post!

If you want to access your Android device without having to confirm the incoming connection on the remote end, I would recommend using our Host app instead of the QuickSupport app.

The Host app allows you to have unattended access to your Android device.

Once the Host has been installed, you can assign it to your TeamViewer account and connect to your smartphone at any moment without having to tap on “Allow”.

You will find the Host app in the Google PlayStore and on our website:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/android/

I hope this was helpful!

All the best,

Katharina

Comments

• DanG
    DanG Posts: 6 ✭✭

When connecting from Android TV to Android TV QS. Is there a way to automatically grant remote access permission in QS without having to tap on "Allow"?

I know I can access TV QS via the management console but I am not always at my desktop so accessing QS via smartphone becomes  my only option.

• DanG

Hi Katharina,

I don't think Teamviewer Host support Android to Android connection, am I correct?

• Katharina

Hi DanG, 

Thanks for your reply!

If you wish to connect from Android to Android, I have good news for you: We recently launched the beta version of TeamViewer 12, which allows you to establish connections between two mobile devices.

That means it is now possible to connect from the Android Remote Control app to an Android Host.

All the best, 

Katharina

• DanG

Hi Katharina,

So both TV Remote Control for Android and TV Host has to be on V12 in order connect? I have v12 of TV Remote Control but not v12 of TV Host.

• Katharina

Hi DanG, 

You will not even have to download a new version of the Host app in that case. Your TeamViewer Host will usually update automatically unless you have set up any specific parameters to prevent this. 

If you have version 12 of the Remote Control app, you should therefore already be able to connect. 

Could you maybe run a quick test and let us know if you encounter any difficulties?

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Katharina

• DanG

Hi Katharina,

It works! See screen cap below!

I've had v12 for few days now but didn't realise I have to login to my TV account to have access to it.

Thanks for the great work!

• 1ndt
    1ndt Posts: 1

Hey !

It will be even better, If the feature automatically connects to a default machine when open TeamViewer on Android device.

I have seen this feature in some similar software. But them can not be better than TeamViewer.

So add this feature and you will be number 1 now !

Thanks for you all you done !

• brank87
    brank87 Posts: 1

Hey! I can connect using the QuickSupport app but when I try using the main app, I get "This partner doesn't accept incoming connections". 
    I'm trying to connect from a Mac to my Android phone. 

Ps: I'm trying to avoid having to allow  the connection which is required if I use the QuickSupport app. 

Any idea how to use the main app to connect to my Android Device?

Thanks!

• hi, with quicksupport i can control my android device from my PC, but have to confirm every time. with the host app instead it's granted connection but it's limited to "view only ". how can i fix this?