Remote cursor not visable

parentingtimeca
parentingtimeca Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

When I try to log into the desktop from my laptop I cannot see the cursor.  Buttons and items will light up when I scroll over them, but the cursor is not visable.  Please Help!

Comments

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

This is the standard behavior. If you like to see the remote cursor you have to set the option in the top bar under "view"

2016-11-28 23_20_31-laperm - TeamViewer - Free license (non-commercial use only).pngMay i ask you why you want to see the remote cursor? For me it is irritating most of the time - for me it is only useful, if i support someone, who can't stay away from his mouse :manwink:

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • parentingtimeca
    parentingtimeca Posts: 2 ✭✭

Maybe "Remote Cursor" is not the correct word.  I basically cannot see any cursor at all.  I can see the cursor when I am back to my laptop home screen, but I cannot see it when I am trying to control the remote desktop so I cannot do anything.  

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Ok, now i see a problem :smileywink:

I had similar problems but i neither know if with TeamViewer, nor how i have solved it.

Did you install the monitor driver?
    What versions of TeamViewer are you using (local & remote)?
    Are both systems (which?) up to date, especially display drivers?

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • I have had this problem just appeared i have had it work perfectly then today the cursor disappeared and will not return i have rebooted the PC and the app and still nothing any ideas

• emunozb
    emunozb Posts: 1

Solution

[the link has been removed by a moderator]

• hajcna
    hajcna Posts: 1

Hi there,

Did you change your mouse pointer scheme? if that's the case, just change it to windows default and it'll be fixed.

• I change my display setting on Linux and it worked. The refresh rate more specifically.
  • [SOLVED] for me:
    Change the cursor color to "black" (it has white buffer around, so it is clearly visible) on the target system. It worked for me on Win10. 
    Search for "Cursor and pointer" settings [1] 

[1] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95305-change-text-cursor-thickness-windows-10-a.html]