Remote update successful, but now wants UAC permission to start TeamViewer

AlexFogerty
AlexFogerty Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've seen this with four computers today so I assume either the latest TeamViewer has an issue or the latest Windows 10 / Server 2016 makes it less compatible.

Basically, once updated to TeamViewer v13.2.5287, Windows 10 and Server 2016 will then ask for UAC permission to run TeamViewer.

Rebooting the computer means losing connection permanently as TeamViewer then won't start with Windows like it should.

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi AlexFogerty

It sounds like the software isn't installed properly or the TeamViewer service is set to not start on startup.

Can you please raise a ticket or call us so we can have a look at this with you?

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • you can change the authenticfaction mode in the properties of the connection, under aqction settings there is a tabe for authentication mode select windows and enter the administator usernamer and password and you can bypass UAC

• large.png

• AlexFogerty

Hi Dan,

Where do I find those settings?

• well you can either turn UAC off if you search for user account control in control panel you should find it or in teamviewer when you press connect and it askes for the password there will be an advanced and + symbol at the bottom you can change the TeamViewer session to run with administator user name and password

• AlexFogerty

Hi Dan,

The problem is that without UAC authentication TeamViewer won't start, which means after doing a remote update I can't access it again until someone locally clicks to accept.

I think I have fixed the issue by uninstalling TeamViewer and re-installing it, but I guess I will know for sure when the next update comes out.

• ah i see, i have never had this issue. it might be worth installing in while logged in as an administator and setting up the attended access that way so the serivce started via an administrator