Ridiculous! How can you stop my service without any warning?

Hanyuan
Hanyuan Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a business license of Teamviewer 13. But I can not connect to my computer which running Teamviewer 14 by my phone (running Teamviewer 14).

I understand that TM 13 licence can not active the business mode at TM 14. But I can NOT understand why couldn't I connect to my computer! At least it should be a free licence that let me connecting to my computer instead of STOP MY SERVICE!

I do NOT recive any Warning says I couldn't use the service without upgrade my licence. And the software upgrade by itself without any message.

Now, I ask you to give me a formal apology and do something with my account to let me use the software even if using the free license.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Just now, I recived a phone call from Australia (+61 8 8394 5900). The man told me in a very impatient tone that we were only discussing whether to buy a license or not. It makes me feel uncomfortable, though he gives me a good price.

When I explained the problems I encountered, he interrupted me in a commanding tone and said, "If you want to use it properly, go back to the old version."

I am very shocked. Is this what I did wrong? No apologies, no formal solutions, and unreasonable phone calls! Is that your attitude towards paying customers?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello Hanyuan,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to hear, that you encountered some problems with TeamViewer.

However, the version system has always worked the same way :

With a version n, you can connect to a version =n or <n. But you cannot connect to a version >n.

Note: This is relevant for professional and free licenses.

We are sorry, that this has caused you some troubles and hope, that you still will have a great experience with our product.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• I know what you say.

But I use both Teamviewer 14 on my phone and my computer.

They are both 14 ,but can not connect.

• By the way, your sales (+61 8 8394 5900) are very ruldely. In an imperative tone, he said that if I wanted to use it normally, I would return the old version. Then, with a very cold tone, he said now we only discuss whether to buy a new license.

Is it my fault to have such a thing? Is that how you treat paying customers?

• Hanyuan.pngphone.jpgerror.jpg

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @Hanyuan,

Thank you for your post and your replies. 

I hope my colleagues could help you?

If there are any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again :) 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Perfekt :) Thank you!

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community