Scammers

andy
andy Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Scammers and fraudsters are using team viewer to access computers by explaining they are from the ISP supplier. I have 3 partner IDs that need to be looked into...

Best Answer

Answers

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi andy,

thank you for your post. We already received your ticket and we will take care of your concern.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • xabfab
    xabfab Posts: 2

How do we report a victims ID? Who to? What email address?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Fraud and misuse of the software can be reported to:

[email protected] - For unauthorised access
    -or-
    [email protected] - if you have been scammed.

Although both addresses will go to the same team.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • andy
    andy Posts: 2 ✭✭

I did contact the police about all the scammer phone calls that I've received, I got another one today which I have already reported to my ISP. The problem with scammers is that they are notoriously difficult to trace back to the origins. The phone call I received today was another phone number that doesn't work when you ring it back. I just hope that the IDs I gave you have been blocked. Despite being very intelligent I'm also quite vulnerable because of my mental health.

• Hello,
    I just got a phone call and although I was alarmed about it, these guys had my landline and the CLSID number (said it is the Microsoft license number).
    Once I downloaded the teamviewer and provided (silly me) the access code, Microsoft corporation came up on the correspondence box.
    I started googling scam and teamviewer and put the phone down.
    Now, I need to inform my bank, the police and don’t know who else.
    How they got hold of my landline no and CLSID (if that is license Id), i have no idea.
    Joanna
    From switzerland
  • itsgovindu
    itsgovindu Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Dear Jojolamp,

Fraud and misuse of the software can be reported to:

[email protected] - For unauthorised access
    -or-
    [email protected] - if you have been scammed.

Although both addresses will go to the same team.

• A MEMBER OF THIS SITE IS USING THIS SITE TO STEAL MONEYFROM ME.

• ckeller
    ckeller Posts: 1

I think I just received a phone call from a scammer. He said his name is Albert Williams from Teamviewer and that someone was using my internet. He said he was calling on behalf of Sky. He asked me to go to your website and start downloading. I asked for a number to call him back to confirm he was not fraudulent but he would not give it to me, just saying to trust him. He said I needed more security for my internet and he was going to help me. He became  bit argumentative when I challenged him, and requested contact details.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @ckeller 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you!

indeed this sounds like a fraudster or scammer was trying to trick you. TeamViewer does not cold call people for support (or at all).

Please see this article for more information TeamViewer and scamming and keep on being careful when someone is calling you (or sending you text messages or similar).

Thanks and stay safe,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Harold0000
    Harold0000 Posts: 0
    edited August 2022

Someone installed teamviewer onto my phone, without my permission of course, to successfully steal all kinds of information from me as well as see absolutely EVERYTHING I had been doing. Now I've got an idea of who it might of been but how do I find out without a doubt it was them, as well as ensure it's removed from my device.