Screen always scaled down and blurry

xerces8
xerces8 Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I use TV version 13.2.14327 on Windows 10 (on both local and remote PC).

I can not get a 1:1 fullscreen picture. See screenshot.

Both local and remote resolution is set to 1920x1080, but the remote image is scaled down, even if I set View 1:1. (it is the same in full screen or windowed mode; the local monitor is a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM )

If I set View to Scaled, the size is OK, but the image is blurry. Not very blurry, but there is a clear difference to a good image.

Screenshot:

Screenshot of scaled imageScreenshot of scaled image

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi xerces8

Thanks for posting.

I noticed in the screenshot, you have the display options for the remote side open, and the dropdown for TeamViewer that also controls the remote side.

If the remote side is not taking up your full screen at 1:1, your local side is bigger than the remote side.

from the looks of it, it looks like your local side is not 1080, but instead 2556x1440.
    Open the display settings of your local side and have a look :smileyvery-happy:

Hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • xerces8

No, my local screen is at 1920x1080. I double checked.

It is a Dell U2312HM which has only 1920x1080.

But I noticed the same happens in other programs too, like Paint:

- I take a screenshot of the screen
     - I open it in Paint
     - Paint shows at the bottom that the picture is 1920x1080 big, also it says zoom is at 100%, yet the picture is not the full size of the monitor, but only about two thirds of it

Note also that the system has 3 monitors: The laptop monitor is 1920x1080 with 150% scaling, the Dell is at 1920x1080 with 100% scaling and the third monitor is 3440x1440 at 100% scaling.

So it seems it is Windows 10 doing some funny things.

• xerces8

The changelog for version 13.2.5287 says:

- Fixed a bug that caused all remote screens to be scaled if scaling one monitor

But it does not help.

Here is how to reproduce the bug (can be done quickly using a virtual machine, like VirtualBox):

- have Windows 10 (I have version 1803 Home edition 64 bit, others might work too)
     - set main screen to scaling of 125% (or 150%)
     - set secondary monitor to 100% scaling
     - run TeamViewer and connect to a remote system
     - place the TeamViewer window on the secondary monitor, maximize it and set View to Original (1:1)

(note: TV is installed on remote computer, while on local I use it in "Run only" mode)

This happens also with version 13.2.14327 that was just released.

• The last two insider builds have broken scaling for me also - but I'm just using a single monitor on both the host/remote. I'm using a high DPI screen which may be relevant.

It used to work fine before the last two TV updates.

Now, the remote screen image is scaled to about 90% of my window. The remote image is positioned in the top left of my window with a border down bottom right. The border contains a non-live copy of what should be there at the correct scaling (but it doesn't update - its a static version of whatever was on the screen when it first connected).

Worst still, any clicks in the window are transposed - as if the window was scaled correctly. So its impossible to interact with the remote host properly. i.e. You have to guess where the button you want to click on would be if it was scaled correctly!

See screenshot - ignore the moscaiced sections I've blurred out for privacy/security.

Please fix!

TeamViewer Scaling IssueTeamViewer Scaling Issue

• xerces8

Any news on this front?

I describe the scaling issue again:

Using version 13.2.14327 on Windows 10 (the local screen has 100% scaling). When the remote resolution is the same as local, and TV size is set to 1:1, the displayed image is scaled down by about 2:3. If I select View / Scaled, the size is correct (or about correct, did not check if it is the exact same pixel count), but it it obviously a scaled up version of the 2:3 image (or similar; the point is: it is still not 1:1 but blurry).

Note my monitor compfiguration: The (local) system has 3 monitors: The laptop (main) monitor is 1920x1080 with 150% scaling, the Dell is at 1920x1080 with 100% scaling and the third monitor is 3440x1440 at 100% scaling.

It appears TV wrongly uses the display scaling settings from the main display (150%) on the actually used display (which has 100%).

Regards,
    David

• I can confirm this behaviour.

Main Screen at 125% scaling.

TV on secondary screen is unable to provide a 1:1 picture. The secondary display is a 1680x1050 screen trying to show a 1280x1024 picture. There are black borders, but the image is blurry.

edit: Secondary screen is on 100% scaling.

• xerces8

This is still not fixed in version 14.2

• mycstar
    mycstar Posts: 1

hi, try this:

Your scalings are inversed :

The monitor with resolution 1920x1080 should be scaled as 100% (unless physically small), while the monitor with resolution 3440x1440 should be scaled as 150% (or as whatever scaling makes the desktop text readable).

If any one application is not obeying the scaling rules and its screen is too small and hard to read, the following might help in allowing Windows to modify the screen :

• Find the .exe file of the application
    • Right-click it and choose Properties
    • Go to the Compatibility tab
    • Click Change high DPI settings
    • Check Override high DPI scaling behavior
    • Choose System (Enhanced) in the drop-box
    • Click OK twice.